DSL connect at windows startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbhakta

Baseband Member
how would i get connected (have DSL) when i start windows...i do not want to have to touch nething...just when i bootup it should be ready?

Dependant on your DSL modem- you could have a configuration in the modem that allows you to keep the connection alive all the time.

What type of modem is it and I will try to help you more.

it should be smart enough to not have to do that. do you have an actual problem or are you just worrying? this problem is usually non-existant with broadband. to use your DSL internet just use your browser or program which requires internet.

im just wondering because at my cuzns i dont have to connect or anything and i dont know what modem it is...i know that sbc gave it to me. thats about it

you cannot just take a DSL moem and use it. you must have DSL internet from an ISP. it costs about $30-40 US dollar per month. broadband requires no manual dialing to the ISP like 56k dialup.

Is it connected to a router? Maybe your cuz has a different isp provider. Theres a difference b/w using the phoneline highspeed and cable. Just like Guy said, you have to configure it. Usually you should have some software to install once your modem is connected properly. Once windows loads, you may have to wait for your modem to prepare itself to continue - that is how mine is- I don't know y, I called up Bell and they say you just have to give it time. Hop that helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom