Dragon Age: Inquistion

slaychandim

Evil Made Flesh
So I finally watched the video for theis that was recently released and wow it looks so cool. My most anticipated game of year easily. This,Borderlands, and Lords of the Fallen I want all 3 on day 1 so bad but Lords might have to wait.

If you have not watched video I suggest you do. Sorry I cant post it from work

Edit: I meant the Dragon Age video if that wasn't clear

Last edited:
So I finally watched the video for theis that was recently released and wow it looks so cool. My most anticipated game of year easily. This,Borderlands, and Lords of the Fallen I want all 3 on day 1 so bad but Lords might have to wait.

If you have not watched video I suggest you do. Sorry I cant post it from work

Wow you are waiting on a self admitted dark souls copy cat next gen game?

I'm on the fence with this game. On one side, it looks nice, but on the other I'm so far removed from the DA universe that I almost feel like I'd be lost or missing out because I never played the first two games, to completion at least.

I played a little bit of DA2 because I picked it up a while ago on some 360 digital download sale for dirt cheap, but I'm only a couple of hours in and it never really held my attention. Maybe it's because it's the sequel so there's a lot of lore, etc, that I'm not up to speed on, but for whatever reason it simply didn't grab me.

The Witcher is in that same category for me, though from what I've heard Witcher 2 and DA: Origins are much better than Witcher 1 and DA2 respectively. I still have everything downloaded, so eventually I'll get around to putting in some fair time for each.

I'm on the fence with this game. On one side, it looks nice, but on the other I'm so far removed from the DA universe that I almost feel like I'd be lost or missing out because I never played the first two games, to completion at least.

I played a little bit of DA2 because I picked it up a while ago on some 360 digital download sale for dirt cheap, but I'm only a couple of hours in and it never really held my attention. Maybe it's because it's the sequel so there's a lot of lore, etc, that I'm not up to speed on, but for whatever reason it simply didn't grab me.

The Witcher is in that same category for me, though from what I've heard Witcher 2 and DA: Origins are much better than Witcher 1 and DA2 respectively. I still have everything downloaded, so eventually I'll get around to putting in some fair time for each.

I don't think you have anything to worry about with DA. The amount of lore they put into the DA games rivals Mass Effect. If you just pay attention to it, you won't have any issues immersing yourself.

On the other hand, the Witcher was a little more hard for me to get into having not played the first one. I never really fully identified with Geralt and always felt a little lost.

You need to play Dark Souls 2. I can't believe you haven't.

DA2 was not as good as the first one. You're not missing that much.

Right, that's what I'm saying. I've never played the first game, only a little bit of DA2 and it wasn't doing anything for me. My concern was about starting fresh with Inqusition and not being up to speed on the story and the lore.

I watched my g/f play DA2 for days on end, and it looked like a very well put-together game, IMO. I haven't played it myself (not really so inclined, especially since I watched the whole thing), but it looked enjoyable enough. As for Inquisition, I think I'm going to go CE on that one, if for no other reason but that it would make my g/f quite happy. PLUS, it really looked like it had some badass stuff in it. Looking forward to how it turns out for sure.

The experience was not as enjoyable as Origins because they changed up certain game mechanics to simplify battling which ****ed me off as it was perfect before. It was also shorter to me and didn't really have depth of character like the first one did. I played both all the way through and spent a long time playing each to get the full experience.

Back
Top Bottom