Destiny

Yeah I would like to get all of them too. At least so that I can purchase them again with legendary marks if need be. I don't understand why A) Xur doesn't sell exotic shards or/and B) You can't get them as rare drops from enemies, chests or completing objectives in the game. I also wish you could reroll legendaries like before. Drives me crazy.

I'm jealous about the Touch of Malice. I still have a few fragments left (2 I think). Need to do the antiquated runes and I still haven't 100% the raid.

Quick tip for the exotic shards. You can buy them from Xur technically by dropping q3 coins on a piece of armor and dismantling it.

Or, what I like to do, is print out either a year 2 Thunderlord or Truth from the exotic blueprints for one shard and 2,500 glimmer. Wear a class item (or use a heavy telemetry if you don't have one) that increases the upgrade rate for LMG's/launchers depending on what you have or are printing.

Then ,drop about 8 to 10 motes of light into the weapon to max up the XP circles, dismantle it, and receive two exotic shards, some glimmer, weapon parts, and a few motes back. You don't have to purchase the XP upgrades, just make sure that all of the upgrades have that full green circle around them when you inspect the weapon.

Quick tip for the exotic shards. You can buy them from Xur technically by dropping q3 coins on a piece of armor and dismantling it.

Or, what I like to do, is print out either a year 2 Thunderlord or Truth from the exotic blueprints for one shard and 2,500 glimmer. Wear a class item (or use a heavy telemetry if you don't have one) that increases the upgrade rate for LMG's/launchers depending on what you have or are printing.

Then ,drop about 8 to 10 motes of light into the weapon to max up the XP circles, dismantle it, and receive two exotic shards, some glimmer, weapon parts, and a few motes back. You don't have to purchase the XP upgrades, just make sure that all of the upgrades have that full green circle around them when you inspect the weapon.

I have done that with the armor. I never considered buying the year one's and maxing them though. That is a great idea.

I have done that with the armor. I never considered buying the year one's and maxing them though. That is a great idea.

Armor takes a lot longer to max out using motes, it's something crazy high, like near 100 or so.

Weapons vary, with heavy weapons requiring the least amount. I think I can max a Truth out from scratch while wearing an increased rocket upgrade cloak in about 8 motes of light.

I'm not sure if this works with leveling up year one weapons, but it certainly works with year two's.

Last edited:
Yeah, armor does take forever. Kind of annoying actually. Seems like you could have an unlimited supply of shards using this method providing you have the glimmer.

Yeah, armor does take forever. Kind of annoying actually. Seems like you could have an unlimited supply of shards using this method providing you have the glimmer.

Pretty much. 2,500 glimmer isn't hard to come by, and I think your net loss of motes is about 5 because you get some back when you dismantle the gun. Simply doing a public event once a day will net you five motes garunteed, and every event after that the same day gives you three so they're always there to be had.

that's kinda why I don't play anymore there is never anyone to do Knighfalls or Raids

Funny you should say that, last week myself and some friends ran all 3 Raids over about 2 days, and we're likely to give it another go this week now that the reset has happened. Also, now that I'm sitting comfortably at 305, Nightfalls aren't as difficult as they used to be.

Last edited:
Funny you should say that, last week myself and some friends ran all 3 Raids over about 2 days, and we're likely to give it another go this week now that the reset has happened. Also, now that I'm sitting comfortably at 305, Nightfalls aren't as difficult as they used to be.

We need to all pair up. My hunter is at 307 and my warlock is 305. We should run a bunch of Vanguard strikes using 3 of coins. I am certain that is the fastest and easiest way to make exotics drop and now that we are over 300, they have a chance to decrypt at 310.

Back
Top Bottom