Damn DELL

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sucks .. I know how you feel though, I purchased an item online earlier in the week and I'm still waiting for the seller to ship it out .. I hate waiting around, I like to know where my item is.

How do you know it's Dell's fault? Could be the fact all these stupid credit cards have all that crazy anti-fraud protection on them. It really could be, and I would think, it's your credit card.

GameGURU said:
How do you know it's Dell's fault? Could be the fact all these stupid credit cards have all that crazy anti-fraud protection on them. It really could be, and I would think, it's your credit card.
True.

Credit card companies and banks are often just as much the problem.

Once I bought a large amount of stuff with a credit card, and so the card company tried to contact me to authorize the transaction (in case this was resulting from theft of my card), they couldn't reach me, so the transaction went into limbo. They never tried calling me back, and a week later I got concerned, called them up and found out what was going on. Stupid crap.

Anyways.. Here's a another update..

What day did I start the thread on?.. Right August 11. And today is August 17.. And what has happened during this week?

I made my first call just before starting this thread. And I've made about 4 calls after that. They say now that they only "charge" the credit card after the order has been shipped. So I guess at least it "passed" the credit card "verification" stage. Strange how they just didn't charge me after that.

In anycase, the order STILL HAS NOT BEEN SHIPPED!!.. Why?.. B/c the nutjobs want to "verify" the shipping address. It's different from my billing address since the computer is for my girlfriend.

One guy with a really weird accent, which sounded like South American, calls me and leaves a message in a voice can hardly understand. So after listening to it like 5 times, I call the bastards number. All I got was the answering machine with the same irritating voice that left the message. Fine. It was 9pm so I figured I'd call the next day.

I call the next day early in the morning. And guess what?.. I still get the voice mail. And to boot, it's a different bloody voice!!.. This time it's an Indian guy and thankfully he can speak English pretty well. So confused about this new devopment (I called the voicemail a couple times to make sure the extension # was correct), I called Dell main help line and asked them "um.. do you guys SHARE extension lines every other day?".. The woman didn't confirm it OR deny it. She kept saying "It's ok. Don't worry. Just leave a message there. Someone will get it".. So I did.. And I thought well. Now things will start moving.

What do I get?. The next day, I get ANOTHER bloody message in MY answering machine by DIFFERENT nut job, that had the ****ing most weird ass accent in the world. And what did he want to ask me? The same ****ing thing the last guy ALREADY asked me and to which I addressed in the voicemail. So, after I calmed myself down, I left ANOTHER voicemail in THIS guys voicemail telling him, "um.. someone already asked me that. Please be more organized. And here is the information.. Again......"..

That was yesterday. If I get another bloody voicemail I will shoot someone.

wow...that sucks, my experience with dell has been great, i've probably got the greatest dell cusomer service;

with normal shipping rates, i got:
1.) my mouse OVERNIGHTED...took 12 hours to get to my house from dell
2.) monitor in 2 days (well technically 1.5...)

aaaand when the mouse was starting to get all jumpy and wierd, my dad emails dell and they credited his paypal the full price of the mouse within a day

Let me tell you buying a dell is promising your trip to hell. Dell's are evil for what you mentioned at first then for reformating and troubleshooting. I feel bad for my school they just bought new Dell computers a week ago and have to get them all setup to run by the end of the month. All have to be manually installed with bash/batch and stuff and setup to the school server. Fools this is what they get for forcing us homework!

The moral of the story is to never but a Dell.

I would never buy directly from Dell. Usually Compaq/HP laptops have better prices and are superior products on the whole. Not that I like HP much, but their notebooks are rated pretty high.
I do own an Inspiron notebook, and overall I like it, but I bought it over eBay, not from Dell.

Another update

Anywayss. Where did I stop before. Don't wanna write the whole story, but anyways, she got the computer now. It was late 1 1/2 after the "tentative" date. But a 1/2 week earlier than their "second estimated date".. Overall 3 1/2 weeks after I placed the order.

So, are we done with dell?

No of course not!. The bastards over charged me by $50 on my Visa as I found out last night. :mad: :mad:

I called them this morning, and after like an HOUR (including the wait time before talking to the rep), they acknolwedged they don't know what the **** is gong on but did say that "It looks to be a mistake". And yes, I have a speakerphone.

What did the girl ask me?.. "Sir, would you like to purchase a Dell item with the refund? We have a nice selection of items such as USB keys"..

:mad: :mad:..

This woman was somewhat nice/pleasant, so I just say "no please PLEASE just give me a refund so that I never have to deal with Dell again".. :rolleyes:

Anyways.. You think it's over yet? Wouldn't bet on it.

It supposedly takes 3 to 6 WEEKS for them to actually DO the confirmed refund.

F******.

I HATE DELL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom