Converting to MAC ~ YIKES!

Hermanator

Baseband Member
:eek:

Actually, I'm not worried, for it's just a home PC.

BUT, I'd still like to discuss the decision, particularly with those who made the switch from PC (Windows or other OS) to MAC.

I've been a PC guy all my life but because of my profession (outside tech) I'm required to use MAC computers and I'm seeing the number of MAC users out there rise. I always ask them how long they've been a MAC user and I'm hearing a lot of folks tell me they simply switched because they were tired of dealing with the PC OS headaches.

I'm more of a creative personality and enjoy hobbies such as photography and image editing. I guess it depends on what you use a computer for but honestly, can't the MAC do everything a PC can do? Why do PC folks bash the MAC so much and are there any valid points to their argument?

I know, that's a lot to think about for a quick response but hey, I'm in no hurry. I'd really like to know why people switch to MAC, or stay with Windows or something else.

:cool:

It basically comes down to personal preference. I have a mac book and I also have my trusty PC. There is a slight learning curve from PC to mac but it really isn't anything too noticeable. And of course if your looking to play games a PC is going to have a ton more variety and options. But I honestly have no problems with MACs. They are very user friendly and easy to use once you start using them. I just prefer my custom built PC. :)

Mac's aren't bad it's just they over charge. Because Apple is is the only one who can make them. and not as powerful as Some PC's but they're still good

And, that's exactly why I never went MAC; the cost factor. If Apple would market their products at reasonable prices compared to PCs you would think they would capture a lot more people.

Maybe it's not that easy.

Since I've never been a PC gamer (prefer sitting on my couch with PS3 controller) I've never required a powerful PC and that's why I'm leaning towards a MAC next time around.

So b/c you don't need a gaming rig you are willing to over pay for a computer?

That is why I have not owned an apple.. My kids and wife do but for me they are over priced... The money you would spend on a mac you could build a nice PC and have beer money left over!

Not knocking apple, windows either.. trying linux out now.. As the other posts say I think it comes down to personal preference!~

Well, for my interests and personal preferences I really think Apple would suit me better. I guess I am willing to pay a little more because from my experience using a MAC I like how they function and how the little things they do make more sense. Plus, maybe I won't have to blow my OS away every year and load all my software all the time. Windows OS seems to be notorious for getting all mucked up where over time it deteriorates so badly you either have to format your drive and start over or for most people, buy a new computer.

Maybe I'm getting tired of messing with all that. I use to never mind tinkering around, even building my own PC (one I'm using now) but I don't have time for that anymore and have other interests to keep me busy.

I'm pretty tech savvy but if I wasn't I'm sure I would have spent more money in the long run buying a new PC every other year. Tired of keeping them running and to me they are very high maintenance. Experience tells me this owning a PC all my life. :)

I worked on a friend's PC for a week once, just trying to get it to work properly. Maybe I'm wrong, but MAC users tell me they just don't deal with that sort of thing as often, if ever.

You have to admit, PC's are more prone to attacks and getting mucked up just from general use vs a MAC. To this day while working in the field I've never met a MAC that locked up on me.

All very good reasons for you then lol!

I must have read too much into the gaming rig content~

As for maintenance I really think this is like the ford vs chevy debate... depending who ya talk to they are both a POS.. Or maybe I just got the lemon.

I thinkof it more like

Mac price wise is a Range Rover or Jaguare back when they had Ford engines, overpriced but practical.

Win hondas, toyotas, nissans, easy to replace parts, breaks down from time to time but keep it tuned up it'll last

Linux is hyundai and kia, cheap=free and get better as it ages. KIA and Hyundai cars are getting better

My opinion

I like this analogy, myself:

2.jpg

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom