Connect TV to Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

capaldi30

Solid State Member
What is the optimum way to view movies from my computer to my tv. They are separated by three walls. Thanks

a tv-out card will allow you to connect your tv to your computer. But if the two devices are separated by three walls, you have to either run wire (prolly rcas) through the walls or setup another computer with the tv-out card in the same room as the tv and implement wireless networking (adhoc/p2p is fine, no router/access point is needed) between the two pcs.

Thank you for your timely and concise reply.I have been told that an RF Modulator will work. Any thoughts?

it seems to me that the rf modulator is used to switch between two different inputs for the tv. This would be used to switch from cable tv to the computer tv output.

from http://www.onecall.com/ProductDisplay.mpt?ProductID=15669&FEID=270&PMNID=523

TERK`s RF Modulator allows video components such as DVD players, video game systems, VCRs and camcorders to be viewed on televisions that are not equipped with an available audio/video jack. Selectable to channel 3 or 4 output, the RF Modulator automatically switches to the video source when an incoming signal is detected. TERK`s RF Modulator is the ideal way to connect multiple components to any television, making it easy for everyone in the family to enjoy their favorite movies, video games and other video sources anytime.

Thank you for your helpful explanations regarding the RF Modulator. It is appreciated.

Actually an RF Modulator converts RCA A/V connections to a coaxial connection. Let's say you have a DVD player, which has RCA and Component audio video oput puts, but your TV only has a coaxial input. You need an RF modulator to convert the output signal from the DVD player so it will send a signal over the coaxial line to the TV.

It converts, not switches between components. Although you can buy RF Moluators with switches in them.

your welcome!

What kind of video card are you using? The brand and model. Most video cards now a days have video outputs.

Dn not have a video card. Is that a must even with the Modulater? Thanks for your time and interest.

You might be mistaking video card for a capture card. You have a video card. Every computer requires a video card to function. It's the piece of hardware your monitor is connected to.

If you go into device manager, and look at the video adapter, it should tell you what kind of card it is. You might need to select the video adapter, go to the file menu, and then select properties to see what card it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom