cisco certifaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

spfd

Daemon Poster
Telll me all about it!
whats dif from cisco and normal networking?
what r the sections you learn in the course?
whys it in huge demand?
whats so good about it?
why!?
WHYWHY!?

I took c isco class

cisco class well worth it!! i have yet to take my fianl exam to get the ccna, but will soon.

there isnt much difrence other then you get a great understanding of networking as well as you learn cisco routers iso. semester 1-2 are easy well at least to me. semester 3-4 are taking it up a notch and get into routing and other fun stuff.

if you need any more iformation jsut reply and ill be glad to help ya out

ill even let you see my final tcs project a huge project you have to do at the end
takes forever

the reason cisco is so popular and in such high demand right now is because cisco is the big name in networking right now and its so new not many people know how to use the stuff yet, so basically its like this: big or new companies that go out and buy brand new networking stuff and its all cisco, but now that they have all this nice new cisco stuff, they need someone that knows how to use it! so they pay people like us, that have gone to a little school known as a cisco networking academy, they pay us big bucks to get their sh*t that they dont understand to work! thats the great thing about cisco, o and btw certs arent really a huge thing, the biggest thing is your interview for a job, i have no certs and i got pulled out of my school by a company called buchanan associates (www.buchanan.com) to work as a computer consultant (im currently at an oil refinery in el dorado, ks) but the important thing is im only 19, they started me at $15 an hour, and they have great benefits, so like i said, its not what certs you got, its who and what you know, the biggest reason i got this job is prolly because i spent the summer as an intern for a college here in wichita (the college i was attending) i got payed $10 an hour, got college credit, and got the training i needed to get this job i have now, but on the other hand, i have met some people with their CCNA, MCSE, A+, etc. that really dont know jack crap, and they make peeps with certs look bad, so dont think that as soon as you have some certifications you are guarunteed a job, most people that work as managers in the IT field are the ones doing the interviews and they will ask you questions to get a feel for what you know, and most people appreciate an honest answer of "im honestly not sure what youre talking about" (i said this to a few questions in my interview) rather than trying to BS your way through a slew of questions you have no idea what youre talking about, but on the same note, dont think that just because you have no certs that you cant get a job in the IT field anywhere, just remember every1 has to start somewhere, you dont start with 5 years of experience, lol, the best starting job is either a help desk (technical support) or an internship (internships with schools and businesses are great) anyways, just remember that everything to be learned doesnt always come from a classroom, and most people that are very interested in computers (advanced users, people wanting to go into the IT field) are hands-on learners, not bookworms, so hands-on type jobs are the best for starting out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom