Chrome crashes all the time....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see how the release can crash that much. I am using the Dev Build and it never crashes on me. It only crashes on me when i mess with to many extensions. So i would remove Chrome, and all its folders as well and reinstall. There is no reason why it should act this way.

I dont see how the release can crash that much. I am using the Dev Build and it never crashes on me. It only crashes on me when i mess with to many extensions. So i would remove Chrome, and all its folders as well and reinstall. There is no reason why it should act this way.

Well I'm pretty sure I did that several times before and it didn't work, but I'll give it another shot once I get back home tomorrow, and let you know how it goes. Thanks for now!

In Win7 i am talking about these folders:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google

Are those the ones you removed? If so then i would try one of the Beta or Dev Branch Builds. I have currently 5.0.375.28 running and i get none of these issues.

In Win7 i am talking about these folders:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google

Are those the ones you removed? If so then i would try one of the Beta or Dev Branch Builds. I have currently 5.0.375.28 running and i get none of these issues.

Well Mak, I've just uninstalled chrome, deleted the folder in AppData\Local\Google, and then went onto install the beta version. I experienced a crash within two minutes. The only thing that I DO have added on to chrome is a theme from google, I don't suppose that counts as an extension? Any further recommendations? Ty

Themes can cause this. As the theme may not be made specifically for this version. It could be a theme made for an older version which is now causing these issues.

If you leave everything at default do you still get the crashes?

I will say that while i do know that the theme aspect is pretty well carried over, i can also say that not all themes work with the newer version of Chrome when they were made for the first few generations. I have had more than my fair share of Chrome themes cause nothing but havoc on my system.

If you still get crashes with Chrome, i would contact Google. They will be the only ones that can even begin to understand why only Chrome has such issues on your system. I am running Win7 64 Bit myself. So it isnt the OS.

Themes can cause this. As the theme may not be made specifically for this version. It could be a theme made for an older version which is now causing these issues.

If you leave everything at default do you still get the crashes?

I will say that while i do know that the theme aspect is pretty well carried over, i can also say that not all themes work with the newer version of Chrome when they were made for the first few generations. I have had more than my fair share of Chrome themes cause nothing but havoc on my system.

If you still get crashes with Chrome, i would contact Google. They will be the only ones that can even begin to understand why only Chrome has such issues on your system. I am running Win7 64 Bit myself. So it isnt the OS.

Well I just got rid of the theme but I'm still getting frequent crashes. I'll try and contact google then? Thanks

Well considering i am running the same OS and i am not experiencing any of the issues you are, i would say yes. contact Google.

The only other thing i even think it could be close to would be a driver conflict with your devices or possibly a problem with your hard drive.

Well considering i am running the same OS and i am not experiencing any of the issues you are, i would say yes. contact Google.

The only other thing i even think it could be close to would be a driver conflict with your devices or possibly a problem with your hard drive.

Alright, well I've just had a quick look at the help section & the forums and I've encountered some people facing this problem. Apparantly, the use of IDM's Advanced Browser Integration on PC's using Google Chrome is causing crashes for some people. Google is trying to resolve this problem it seems, but for the time being they tell people to stop using the advanced browser integration. So I've done that now. Lets see if I get any crashes or not...Fingers crossed.

EDIT: Yep - that seems to have fixed it. Disabling Internet Download Manager's Advanced Browser Integration has solved the problem. I'm so pleased to be able to browse the net in peace now...! Apparently IDM is working on fixing the issue too, so that's good! Just wanted to let y'all know ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom