Choosing a server for a lan center

Bma3921

Beta member
Hey guys we are planning to have 25 set ups. 8 pcs. Anyone have any recommendation on what type of blade server to get? We will be running smart launch

I can't say I'm familiar with the Smart Launch software, let alone game servers. However I'll try to point you in a good general direction. Do you know what the server load is like for these games? What games do you plan on running?

You could probably get away with a beefed up server, instead of going all out bladecenter. Also are you looking for new or used hardware?

Do you have an area to put the server where it won't disturb anyone? These things get LOUD.

You could probably get away with running 1-2 of these:
HP Proliant DL165 G7 Server 2 x 12 Core AMD Opteron 6172 32GB RAM 160GB HD 884962527887 | eBay

Go with a rack mount server, not blade. Blades require a chassis, which will just exacerbate your costs. Blades make sense once you plan on purchasing 6 or more blades because for a cheaper price you can quickly expand.

We have Dell mostly in our shot, I would suggest a Dell R630, solid 3rd generation servers that are reliable.

Back
Top Bottom