CCNA Bootcamps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuksapple84

Beta member
Hey Folks!

Had a question for all the professionals out here. I have been thinking about going to a CCENT/CCNA boot camp in order to get my cert sooner but I am not sure how they can cram all that info in you in 7 days and guarantee a pass for the exam.

Anybody who has ever been to one and done this please let me know because I do not want to throw that money away for nothing.

Thanks.:nerd:

Able to learn enough to pass the test in 7 days.... "maybe"
Able to understand it in 7 days.... no.

Able to learn enough to pass the test in 7 days.... "maybe"
Able to understand it in 7 days.... no.

Yeah I know what you mean, I have been studying for a couple of months and have started shadowing at the NOC but I feel that if I study for a month or more and then pay for the boot camp and get this over with and get my cert.

What I am not sure about is the legitimacy of these places.

Any advice?:freak:

if you have a good understanding of cisco and network topics going in, then sure.

Why not just go get some training videos off the internet and study and learn.

CCNA is really basic. CCNP on the other hand is not.

if you have a good understanding of cisco and network topics going in, then sure.

Why not just go get some training videos off the internet and study and learn.

CCNA is really basic. CCNP on the other hand is not.

I understand. But that does not understand my question. Just am a bit curious about it because it is an avenue that I am considering.

I wouldn't say the CCNA is so basic, imo it wouldn't be worth going to a 7 day 'bootcamp'.

First of all, 7 days of straight study isn't going to be easy. Also, on the last day it's going to be hard to remember what you learnt, say, on the 2nd day.

Honestly, if you're looking at a networking career and want the CCNA cert, trying to rush and cram a LOT of info into a week isn't a great idea. (and just to clarify that, the CCNA exam isn't simple. It DOES cover quite a few topics.)
If you're in a college course or cisco training program at the moment, then stick with it. If you want to move along a bit faster, then pratice on the gear as much as you can. Use a network simulator like Packet Tracer at home.

I'm not sure what kind of stuff they'll teach you in the bootcamp, or how legit it would be, but I know there is a limit to the amount of knowledge you can pick up in 7 days. Get specifics from the people running it, then ultimately it's your decision.

Ya, my boss is pushing me to take over 2nd in command on the network, i'm trying to find a class that will do what i need. The only thing i seem to find are these ccna bootcamps that are 5 day classes. Something tells me it wont give me what i want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom