Can't use Checkout at Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitersety

Daemon Poster
I've been trying to order something from newegg and this is really ****ing me off. I can add the item to my cart, but when I click on "checkout" it doesn't load. I've tried in Firefox and IE7, in IE7 it says "Can't Display" or whatever their error message is and in Firefox, which is what I normally use, it just won't load it at all.

I've tried clearing my cookies, disabling my antivirus program temporarily, restarting the web browser or even my whole computer, etc etc etc. I don't know what to do. Any ideas?

You got me. I just ran through it without a problem. Well, up until I went into the private server to actually perform the transaction, and then I backed out.

Have you tried resetting your modem and/or router?

No I didn't try it because all other websites still work. but now that you mention it I may as well give it a shot.

edit - no luck. It still won't let me access the checkout.

That's weird. I would say give them a call and do it the old fashioned way, but no one is there until tomorrow. Hopefully it will straighten out in a little while.

Same here. I just ordered a part and it went thru without a hitch.

Maybe a firewall settings?

Same here. I just ordered a part and it went thru without a hitch.

Maybe a firewall settings?

I was thinking the same thing but the firewall I use is part of Norton Internet Security, and I disabled everything in that, including the firewall, temporarily one of the times that I tried it and it still wouldn't work.

Is there any way that this problem could have been caused by a virus, trojan, or some type of spyware or adware? I've been having other strange problems with my computer lately too (like windows explorer not always loading when I login and my internet connection intermittently failing) so I'm wondering if my windows installation has somehow become corrupted.

It could be spyware related. If you have thoughts that it might be then head over to the Virus section and go thru Osiris's guide and post a log in the Analyze area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom