BREXIT - WHAT WOULD YOU VOTE?

Brexit- Will you vote Leave or Remain?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone else notice that all the US members think/thought that the UK leaving the EU is a great thing? I guess it is just our mindset about independence and rights.

The fact that these people are Crying about Voting Leave and then actually leaving is a disgrace. They Voted Leave and now have to live with the consequences. The reason a lot of people IMHO Voted to Leave and also Voted to Remain is simply because they didn't understand their Vote. They didn't understand the decision behind it. Our Generation has never had to make such a choice on this scale before and the fact this was a huge political and unprecedented question for people who go to Work 9 till 5. Come home and eat tea with their family's at 18.34 or whatever are the people who simply didn't understand the question in direct relation to how it would affect them.

If you think Immigration is going to stop you are mistaken. Immigration is a Global Movement what affects everyone. People don't stay still during the course of their lifetimes. Look at the Ex Pats who have now set up life in Australia. The whole Immigration thing was centred around and lets be honest and straight forward about this and to the point, do you want a Muslim family coming to the U.K with their 5 Brothers and sisters and 12 Cousins. This was a Racial and Politically motivated situation. The Politicians like Boris and Farage knew this. They knew with out saying directly to the voters they the voters would read between the lines and pick this up that particular way.

The NHS not receiving the so called £350 Million per week was never going to happen. On what planet is their going to be an investment of £350 Million pound per week in a national health system in the size of England. This was Bull **** from the start. Boris knew this. The actual figure is closer to 1 \ 5 of the current quoted £350 million we contribute to the E.U. We as a nation get more out the E.U than we do putting in such as the Arts, Science, Trade, Investments and a whole host of other things some of what I would probably not understand my self but the point is the E.U has been part of the British way of life and our place of the Global Stage since the 1970s and is part of our identity. These so called Regret Voters are a disgrace. How many people do understand Politics. I'll tell you and the answer is not many. Not many people do Soul understand politics.

Soul do you know what Politics is. What are politics. Politics is Business and Business is Money. How the hell on this planet can you set up a political arrangement or run a country threw the Demographic constitution of Political understanding with out Money. Talk, Pen and Paper and Money. Thats what politics is. If you haven't got the Money then your worth **** TBH in all respects.

This country has been looked after by the establishment all its life such as the British Government until the Crash of 2008 what was compared to the 1920s America. Thats how bad it was. David Cameron has done a hard job, George Osborn has done a hard job. They deserve praise and understanding not mindless Bull **** from people who don't understand what they are talking about. Dregs in society and people who have criminal records as long as their Arms. People crying about Immigration, loosing their jobs. This country's now going to take a Minimum of 5 years to rebuild easy. Yes the country needs rebuilding. We have had our Credit downgraded we are over crowded and their is still cut back to be made. We haven't left the E.U yet. This is just a vote. Our politicians haven't acted yet on this. Its only Friday this just come out. Its not even Monday yet.

Anyone else notice that all the US members think/thought that the UK leaving the EU is a great thing? I guess it is just our mindset about independence and rights.

The USA is a strong independent Country Trotter. The U.K isn't we have our nanny state looking after us the Government. Labour giving our Money away. Why do you think our cut backs are and have been unprecedented. Even Margaret thatcher didn't go to the extreme of George Osborn. The country was bankrupt in less than 18 weeks. Our previous Chancellor of the exchequer was borrowing multi millions of pound and wasn't paying enough back. We are not an independent country. Our disabled like me are looked after, and our elderly too. What is fair enough but in the USA Money is everything and I men everything. Life and Death. You can't go and get your prescription if you don't have Money. The first thing they want in the USA is your Medical insurance Card as an example.

Trotter and Soul. The situation is stinking of mindless people who don't know what they are doing or understand what they are doing and have no idea that politics is Business at the heart and Business is Money. Simple as that.

I guess carnage doesn't count as a member :grin:
A sample size of 3 isn't that great in either case though so I wouldn't read too much into it. As a bigger example, Reddit is primarily made up of US citizens too, but every brexit thread that comes up on the front page is all about lambasting the leave voters, so pending on your sample size and demographic the advertised mindset of the country can be completely different.

The fact that these people are Crying about Voting Leave and then actually leaving is a disgrace.

Yep, shows just how much understanding these voters had. I think I read somewhere that this was only the 3rd ever referendum held in the UK? Massive decision, no focus on educating people about the facts of the situation, and a bunch of politicians on both sides spitting out a pile of exaggerations. This is why I stay out of politics :/ so damn depressing

This was a Racial and Politically motivated situation. The Politicians like Boris and Farage knew this.
I'd agree, which is why I find the tactics they used pretty disgusting. The hilarious part to me is that the free trade agreement they want to strike with china will nearly certainly involve the free movement of labor (just like Aus/China's ChAFTA agreement does - they can bring in immigrant workers for china-owned projects in australia without even looking at the local market first for example)

The NHS not receiving the so called £350 Million per week was never going to happen. On what planet is their going to be an investment of £350 Million pound per week in a national health system in the size of England. This was Bull **** from the start. Boris knew this. The actual figure is closer to 1 \ 5 of the current quoted £350 million we contribute to the E.U. We as a nation get more out the E.U than we do putting in such as the Arts, Science, Trade, Investments and a whole host of other things some of what I would probably not understand my self but the point is the E.U has been part of the British way of life and our place of the Global Stage since the 1970s and is part of our identity.
Wait, now I'm confused :p I thought you were pro leaving?

Trotter and Soul. The situation is stinking of mindless people who don't know what they are doing or understand what they are doing.

I agree there spud - I honestly think people should have to sit some sort of test before being allowed to vote to change the way a country is run.

Wait, now I'm confused :p I thought you were pro leaving?

I am pro leaving as I believe we can in time, and it is going to take time to re-build our country. If we get the chance as their has all ready been a petition to get us back in too the E.U . My comment was as I should of explained better getting more out of the E.U such as Arts, Science, Trade and Career and Jobs; Yes but the Money we will save, the fact that we can make our own Laws, run our own democracy, and not have Criminals of a serious nature like Rapists and Murderers get off a life sentence under Human Rites was what party swung it for me.

The whole Human Rites thing is a shambles when you read storeys about young Women who get Raped and they get 16 years in prison knocked down to something like 7 or 9 years. Over the last decade their has been a tirade of front page storeys on the papers were these sort of Criminals have gotten away. Appealed on Human Rites and its a disgrace.

The situation is balancing it self out my point being. We get our Democratic Union back in exchange for leaving and run our selves. Hence independence and the freedom Trotter was talking about in comparison to the USA. Like kman said War would ensue if the USA was asked for forced to give up its democracy or even for that matter take away the average citizens guns as a particular example.

I should of made my self more clear. :p ..

Remain as just crying because they lost, and want to keep petitioning for referendums until they win, that is not democracy ! accept you lost AND work with what you got now!

the petition is pointless and can not be agreed as you simply cannot make the petition half way through the referendum that it needs to meet 75%+ turn out with 60% win... lol

plus just because you lost doesnt mean you can get another referendum or Leave could just make a petition until we win...

UK will be fine, it will be challenging but only weak people cannot adapt to change, lazy remain people.. and based on the remain mindset I wouldnt hire a single one in my company! a slight change and that be bitching all the way home.

I saw that, people are so damn dumb. You voted leave and didn't expect economic turmoil the following day ? For ****s sake... I voted leave, but I did that in the knowledge of what would happen. It actually didn't turn out as bad as I expected (FTSE 100 is only down ~3% for example).

Fortunately I do think these people were definitely in the minority of leave voters. Of all the leave voters on my Facebook, and friends and family I have spoken too, none of them have regretted it. Many were nervous and were surprised at the result as was I, but they all still believed the reasons they voted to leave were legitimate and well founded. They didn't regret it.

And sorry but if you voted leave and didnt even respect the fact that it COULD happen, you are flat out dumb or at the very least enntirely ignorant. Polls were tight from day one. There was always the possibility.

Americans do generally seem to value indepence, rights and democracy more than British, or Europeans in general. I think it's a shame to be honest. People will sacrifice all of the above just in case they are slightly better off economically in the short term. Each to their own I guess.

Seeing how the US worked out on those values, i'd say they were pretty good values to have too.

Last edited:
I saw that, people are so damn dumb. You voted leave and didn't expect economic turmoil the following day ? For ****s sake... I voted leave, but I did that in the knowledge of what would happen. It actually didn't turn out as bad as I expected (FTSE 100 is only down ~3% for example).

Fortunately I do think these people were definitely in the minority of leave voters. Of all the leave voters on my Facebook, and friends and family I have spoken too, none of them have regretted it. Many were nervous and were surprised at the result as was I, but they all still believed the reasons they voted to leave were legitimate and well founded. They didn't regret it.

And sorry but if you voted leave and didnt even respect the fact that it COULD happen, you are flat out dumb. Polls were tight from day one. There was always the possibility.

Americans do generally seem to value indepence, rights and democracy more than British, or Europeans in general. I think it's a shame to be honest. People will sacrifice all of the above just in case they are slightly better off economically in the short term. Each to their own I guess.

Well said and totally agree, noone I know personally and at work regretted the Leave vote and we all said we know the economy will drop for a period of time, and I am completely fine with that, life isnt just about MONEY! :cool:

And I like Americans value's and patriotic-ism :cool:

Last edited:
Well said and totally agree, noone I know personally and at work regretted the Leave vote and we all said we know the economy will drop for a period of time, and I am completely fine with that, life isnt just about MONEY! :cool:

And I like Americans value's and patriotic-ism :cool:

I think all remainers should be sent to live in countries like China, Belarus, Egypt.. for a few years where you don't get a say and you are strongarmed as a nation into doing whatever the powers at be want. I think they'd appreciate it more then.

I kid of course, but I think it's very much a case of you don't know what you have until it's taken away from you. And the EU was very much headed in the direction of 'taking it away from you'.

I think all remainers should be sent to live in countries like China, Belarus, Egypt.. for a few years where you don't get a say and you are strongarmed as a nation into doing whatever the powers at be want. I think they'd appreciate it more then.

I kid of course, but I think it's very much a case of you don't know what you have until it's taken away from you. And the EU was very much headed in the direction of 'taking it away from you'.

Better yet, move them to the EU :cool:

Back
Top Bottom