backdoor trojan on new laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebird98

Solid State Member
hi there, ive just got a new toshiba laptop and once i set it up and installed the free norton 3 month trial i did a full system scan and it found a backdoor trojan in c:\myphotobook\xtras\process.exe this is confusing me as i was only on the internet for about 30 mins, i did realise that i hadnt turned the firewall on and was on an unsecure network at the time, could this have caused it? i didnt download anything , this is what is confusing me?

Well, the first mistake you did was to install Norton. Install avast home and run a scan. Then run a scan using Spybot.

thanx peter, im not to up on my computers though, it did get rid of it straight away , im just confused as to how it got there, i will get the avast though , thanks:)

thanks bugveyron, im wondering if it was in the myphotobook to begin with, it comes with vista premium:confused:

I couldn't say to be honest. I would just be concerned that i was sold a laptop with a trojan on it.

Was this a brand new laptop?

Did Norton pic this trojan up? - Do you know the name of it?

yeh its 3 days old, i ran the scan with norton and it just picked up a backdoor trojan, it didnt say what type , just said risk name backdoor trojan:confused:

Wouldn't worry too much about it to be honest. Norton probably thought Vista was a virus or something. :)

Everything ok with it now though?

thanx, yeh its fine now and it got rid of it easy, its just when i saw the name backdoor trojan i paniked:eek: thank you for your info though , much appreciated:)

ok this is just plain weird , i just reinstalled vista and a day later the trojan horse has come back in exactly the same place ....c:\program files\myphotobook\xtras\process.exe ........... does anyone no how this is?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom