annoying flaw with firefox 3 beta 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikee

Fully Optimized
When im downloading something big in firefox then close after a while it doesnt warn me about downloads that are going then when i start ff again it says the source file for the download can't be read then starts over. this never happened in previous betas, the download would just continue where it left off.

Yep it annoyed me loads so went back to V2 :)

Gonna wait til they've sorted all the bugs and annoyances in V3.

i thought beta 5 was supposed to be the last beta before release so it should be reasonably stable. anyways I downloaded the addon downthemall which is a download manager which seems to resume the downloads alright. It just annoyed me that it resumed downloads fine on earlier betas but not beta5

Well the first question would be...why shut down firefox while downloading???

Just minimize it. Then it wont quit the download. :eek:

Sorry but had to be said. It is a Beta but really if you are downloading something why close it out. Just doesnt make sense to me....

There are all kinds of download manager extensions. Why are you not using one of them if you are going to be stopping and starting downloads?

i am using the download manager now I just close to play online games so they don't lag because of a download going in the background

Well then you should either probably make sure the http downloads finish before you play then. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom