AMD's First 45nm Desktop Microprocessors Set to Arrive on the 8th of January, 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AMD's First 45nm Desktop Microprocessors Set to Arrive on the 8th of January, 200

Ya pretty much.. Think about it, most people don't buy AMD, let alone pay for a high-end FX series one

Re: AMD's First 45nm Desktop Microprocessors Set to Arrive on the 8th of January, 200

3GHZ stock is definitely good news. I read there would be 2.8, but it looks like Deneb is really going to clock well.

Though I think Phenom wasn't really built for 65nm. Intel themselves didn't think a monolithic quad on 65nm would work.
But AMD did quite well even then.
So I can't use a Deneb here?!

this board doesn't play friendly with 125TDP+ Processors
Only the 2.8/3GHZ Deneb's will have a 125W TDP.
though they'll probably consume less than that.

*edit*
I also read that Phenom X2's will be on the way, too.

Early 09 WOW!! What do you reckon the going price will be for a 3.0ghz Deneb on release date?

i'm really excited for one of these suckers. i reckon if i get enough for christmas (money) i'll throw a review down on one of these bad boys.

If the Deneb is any where around 300$ or less then I'll probably spring for one. Hopefully it should be able to attain 3.5ghz 24/7 on air. Which means I just need to get myself a decent SB700 board for now.

we'll see. if they are built off the phenom architecture than we won't be seeing any great oc's out of them..

If the Deneb is any where around 300$ or less then I'll probably spring for one. Hopefully it should be able to attain 3.5ghz 24/7 on air. Which means I just need to get myself a decent SB700 board for now.

790GX or 790FX/790x my friend

Dang that's cheap... you should also upgrade that HD 3650... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom