AMD Phenom FX CPU Expected in 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez...........so Deneb is a smaller fab of the current Phenom x4, which comes out January 9th. Deneb FX is gonna be even better n comes out mid-2009.

which is worth waiting for? Deneb or Deneb FX? I can wait............i hope i can. I just want the best performance out of my mobo...........err AM2+ socket, eventually ill get a newer 790FX with the SB750.

EDIT:

i read that the SB750 offers 300MHz more then SB600 using less voltage.

What will the difference between Deneb Black Edition chips and Deneb FX?

this is from Tom's Hardware. Over 3GHz! That is what is gonna be different lol. HA EVIDENCE!

lol jk. This is all that we know about it so far Apok. If they are truly gonna be clocked even higher my bargain is for the Deneb FX rather then Deneb. Then again, we have to see better benchmarks of the 45nm Phenom x4 before i make a final judgment.

If history serves us well, these upcoming FX processors will likely carry the name AMD Phenom FX, carry with them a steep price and offer clock-speeds higher than their future mainstream brethren. Future AMD processors produced using 45nm process technology are expected to reach 3.0GHz in speed, possibly putting the AMD Phenom FX processors at over 3GHz.

As of now, the Deneb FX processor is the only "FX" label planned for 2009.

It's not a fixed frequency better, but SB750 boards will allow higher clocks than SB600 boards.

i know it's not fixed, im just estimating the difference of the same Phenom's tested on both a SB600 n SB750 mobos ive read about in benchmarks. Most of them were able to get 300-400MHz higher then on a SB600 mobo. Check urself. As for me, im sticking with my mobo (dont know if it's totally fixed by MSI, yet) until i wait for a decent mobo with 790FX and SB750.

this is from Tom's Hardware. Over 3GHz! That is what is gonna be different lol. HA EVIDENCE!

lol jk. This is all that we know about it so far Apok. If they are truly gonna be clocked even higher my bargain is for the Deneb FX rather then Deneb. Then again, we have to see better benchmarks of the 45nm Phenom x4 before i make a final judgment.
If the difference is higher clocks (because Black Edition chips have unlocked multipliers; something only FX chips used to have), it should be interesting to see if they will actually overclock much higher, if at all, compared to Black Edition chips.

If the difference is higher clocks (because Black Edition chips have unlocked multipliers; something only FX chips used to have), it should be interesting to see if they will actually overclock much higher, if at all, compared to Black Edition chips.

well i hope so. I want a Deneb FX now, but that means i have to wait even longer to get one :(.

Those are just FX's though, AMD release's their Extreme's after, reciprocal of what Intel does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom