am i jumping to conclusions all the time or is it just what happens sometimes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chairzard4

Baseband Member
right to start things off this kind of links in to my post about brink still spinning after eject I think I have found out the problem and how to stop it in future. can this be possible? you press middle button while on a game and then you select dashboard and as soon as you hear it wind down to slow the disc down you press eject but mind you its still slowing down and the disc tray opens straight away and the disc is spinning still is this because the Xbox thinks that the disc has stopped and then just ejected because if I wait until the dashboard comes up and then press eject it does not do it and another question is can glitches freeze your Xbox.
and my last question is what can cause the new xbox slim to freeze it has happened to me a few times but its like a new console not been dropped hit or anything like that

You are jumping to conclusions. First off you cant just go from an in game session to the dashboard and eject your media almost instantly and not have it still spinning in the tray. The system hasnt even had a chance to complete 1 of the operations and here you are giving it 3 at once. First it is still trying to process the game information, then it tries to stop that and go to the dashboard then it has to eject the disk. No disk stops instantly. They dont spin at 52X for nothing.

I wait till the dashboard comes up all the time and in fact go through my dashboard for a few minutes before I eject my disk with no issues. no freezing, no glitches. You are trying to have the system do to much and you cause the problems. It doesnt just happen that way.

What can cause the new XBOX to freeze? Situations like you said you do above. The system doesnt run with a quad core CPU in there and 8GB of RAM. It isnt a PC, it isnt high end anymore and it cant perform 5 tasks as once. You need to slow down and give your machine time to complete an operation before you move onto the next one.

Don't do this. Just quit the game and wait for your dashboard to start functioning. No need to rush it and potentially put extra wear and tear on your 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom