About Security and Network Tools

There wasn't Windows 9 actually. They went from Windows 8/8.1 to Windows 10.

They mostly did it to signify how big of a change it was from previous versions of WIndows, as well as to "distance" themselves from Windows 8 because of the backlash it got from the public (however I use it and like Win8...many others will disagree).

Running a Linux distro might interest your friend, Slacko Puppy Linux works very well for older XP computers. There's really no need to be overly concerned about having an antivirus either

There's a nice write up on Windows 10 Tech Preview version on the Jan. edition of Maximum PC magazine. It states that a consumer version of Windows 10 should be out by this summer sometime. You can get a tech preview of Windows 10, but it is only recommended for beta testing.
If your not very tech savvy, or have issues with your personal data, and do not have an extra pc to experiment with then I can not recommend you use this version. Wait till the consumer version arrives

There's a nice write up on Windows 10 Tech Preview version on the Jan. edition of Maximum PC magazine. It states that a consumer version of Windows 10 should be out by this summer sometime. You can get a tech preview of Windows 10, but it is only recommended for beta testing.
If your not very tech savvy, or have issues with your personal data, and do not have an extra pc to experiment with then I can not recommend you use this version. Wait till the consumer version arrives

Win10 will most likely release in October sometime - Windows usually has fall releases. A bit earlier for MSDN subscribers, though.

Back
Top Bottom