About reformatting and drivers

Thank you, I was able to update the video drivers finally, and I did install 3.5, and the 4.0 but then it wouldn't let me install the 4.5.1 ... I am now able to play the Sims, there's still a bit of trouble, but I can now get into it...

May I ask, are there any great themes sites where I can download and install successfully a theme? I tried a few sites already, I've downloaded several themes, and none of them will work after I install them. Style Xp doesn't work as it tells me I don't have the proper hardware for it. ...

I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing wrong, but I can't recall ever having this much troubles with installing themes in the past. Has Windows XP become an OS totally disregarded like the older OS's? I think that XP was and still is a great OS, I think Microsoft should of regarded it and kept it with support, still... ?

Thank you again, for the help... :)

Has Windows XP become an OS totally disregarded like the older OS's? I think that XP was and still is a great OS, I think Microsoft should of regarded it and kept it with support, still... ?

Thank you again, for the help... :)

XP is EOL and is no longer receiving updates. You should honestly stray away from it and upgrade to at least Windows 7... Windows 8.1 is just fine, and Windows 10 is just around the corner (end of next year). XP is seriously old and needs to die off.

Thank you for the information. I do have a laptop with Windows 8, and I won't upgrade it to 8.1. As my mom upgraded hers to 8.1 and it totally ruined her OS and her laptop's performance altogether. When she restored it back from 8.1 to just 8, it worked much better. It really shouldn't be all about old or new, but the performance itself. But that's just my opinion. You're right, it is important to keep up with Microsoft. But, to have to update and upgrade all the time, we all just don't have the money for that... Some of us just want to settle with just one OS. lol I personally love Windows 8, the person I'm with just prefers Xp. I think I'd be happy with Windows 8 for a long time. lol

The person I'm with prefers XP, and for just reformatting the computer, the only disk we have is XP for now, until he decides if he wants something new.

I am not that knowledgeable in PC's, hardware or software. But, it would be nice to just settle with something great with great performance, and not have to really change it as often as Microsoft requests. lol But that's the my opinion.

Thank you for your thoughts as I do appreciate it. :) I'm mostly wondering if there's hope in changing my XP Themes.

Last edited:
Thank you for the information. I do have a laptop with Windows 8, and I won't upgrade it to 8.1. As my mom upgraded hers to 8.1 and it totally ruined her OS and her laptop's performance altogether. When she restored it back from 8.1 to just 8, it worked much better. It really shouldn't be all about old or new, but the performance itself. But that's just my opinion. You're right, it is important to keep up with Microsoft. But, to have to update and upgrade all the time, we all just don't have the money for that... Some of us just want to settle with just one OS. lol I personally love Windows 8, the person I'm with just prefers Xp. I think I'd be happy with Windows 8 for a long time. lol
I upgraded my laptop to 8.1 and it worked fine - my wife upgraded hers from 8 to 8.1 as well and it worked just fine. Though I do know a couple people where the upgrade went south and they needed to do a fresh install (of 8.1) which worked fine after that.

The person I'm with prefers XP, and for just reformatting the computer, the only disk we have is XP for now, until he decides if he wants something new.

I am not that knowledgeable in PC's, hardware or software. But, it would be nice to just settle with something great with great performance, and not have to really change it as often as Microsoft requests. lol But that's the my opinion.

Thank you for your thoughts as I do appreciate it. :) I'm mostly wondering if there's hope in changing my XP Themes.

The only way I remember getting XP themes to work was through a uxtheme patch - that was a long time ago so I'd have to look up where to get it from and how to do it again.

Okay, thank you... I appreciate your help very much. That would be great to try on the computer with xp. I will keep that in mind, what you said about that of windows 8.1. :)

Back
Top Bottom