A Sneek Peek To My New Program!!! (in development stage)

yup...XP would be a waste of your time and effort. There's just 5 yrs left for Windows 7 and that'll go by quickly. You ought to start working on compatibility for Windows 10

Last edited:
yup...XP would be a waste of your time and effort. There's just 5 yrs left for Windows 7 and that'll go by quickly. You ought to start working on compatibility for Windows 10

I wouldn't bother unless you're looking for a large Chinese investment. Even then, Windows 7 is the OS of choice there now.

I know, but I want my program to work on as many systems as possible, that is the point! I even want it to support win95 and os/2! Im trying to make my program cross-platform between different operating systems through time!:annoyed:

Last edited:
I know, but I want my program to work on as many systems as possible, that is the point! I even want it to support win95 and os/2!

Lol doubt that's going to happen.

Plus..why waste time targeting a platform that's so small and not regularly in use, or should be moved away from (in the case of XP)?

Lol doubt that's going to happen.

Plus..why waste time targeting a platform that's so small and not regularly in use, or should be moved away from (in the case of XP)?

How do you know there isn't a really poor person in the world who has a win95 computer and is trying really hard to get modern applications? :p

Even if they had a working Windows 95 PC, do you realize the overhead Python has? It's a high-level language, meaning easy to read and develop with, but not performant. A standard Python 3.4 runtime service takes 35MB of RAM (without any code running). The average Windows 95 computer had 64MB installed.

Focus on what matters or you're never going to finish.

Plus, think about all the possible vulnerabilities you'll be introducing into your application in your attempts to get it working on older systems?

Plus, think about all the possible vulnerabilities you'll be introducing into your application in your attempts to get it working on older systems?

Im thinking of making a security program for it when any exploits/viruses arise.

Edit: Ok, I changed my mind, the oldest os my program will support is win xp (it has 19% market share, more than vista), but, if a win2k or win98 computer has kernelex, it might work on it.

Last edited:
1P UPDATE D13M03Y15!

Whats New:
- Changed Apps menu into window
- Added windows-basic themed top taskbar
- Changed size of hide/show buttons
- Added message boxes

Bugfix:
- 1P is now visible in windows taskbar

Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/?2atkk2w16k636nr

Instructions: