2 wireless laptops and 1 internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

JinkX

In Runtime
hey guys heres my dilemma ..
i have 2 laptops one of the is connected to the internet by a router that has been given by the dorm .. i need to connect the other laptop to the first one wirelessly so i can have internet on both laptops ..
now how can i connect both of them wirelessly and use the same line ??
thankx

we r not using a wireless router ... its a normal one (dsl) and we want to connect the other through wireless !

no dude its a direct DSL cable to my laptop , but my laptop has wireless ,and so does the other laptop , now im trying to connect the other laptop to mine through wireless connection and while its connected i can use the internet through both laptops using my main connection to my laptop

no dude its a direct DSL cable to my laptop , but my laptop has wireless ,and so does the other laptop , now im trying to connect the other laptop to mine through wireless connection and while its connected i can use the internet through both laptops using my main connection to my laptop

If it's not a wireless router, it doesn't matter if your laptop has wireless or not.
Get a wireless hub, not belkin tho, as their products seem to **** up.

I can't confirm if you can share a connection in that manner, although I would imagine you can.....

http://www.techist.com/forums/f57/connect-2-hosts-ad-hoc-no-access-point-101768/

Follow this tutorial to connect the 2 laptops wirelessly. When you get this set up, then enable ICS on the laptop that is connected to the router, and you SHOULD (in theory) be good to go.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f57/internet-connection-sharing-behind-router-108532/#post844217

As mentioned, you might find it easier to pick up a cheap wireless router, and connect that to the dorm's router.... Note that when sharing the internet connection like that, when the remote laptop (wireless one) wants to connect, then both laptops will have to be on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom