2 methods for xbox 360 capture card record which one works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxout5

Beta member
ok the simple one is that i plug in captue card to computer then put the av cables from xbox to the capture card and then put hdmi from xbox to the tv and lifes good OR!!!

the hard method is to plug in capture card to computer get an av wire that has the three av cables in each side put on in capture card other in splitter then buy another and put from tv to splitter then from xbox av cables to splitter ik it doesnt make any sense but does the first one works cuz i dont wanna buy all that crap and does hdmi cable come with the xbox im gna buy one?

Just do it the easy way, that's how the capture card is intended to work.

does hdmi cable come with the xbox im gna buy one?
No, but you can get them for like $5/£3.

Microsoft used to sell the Xbox with yellow red and white video out plus red green and blue which made it HD, they probably realized they could make more money by selling a Microsoft branded hdmi for 15 quid with the optical out plug for toslink on old Xbox. I guess 40 £ a year from everyone just wasn't enough.

Yeah you'll need to buy a HDMI, they are real cheap like yami said. Don't bother getting an expensive one there is hardly (if any) difference between them.

Microsoft used to sell the Xbox with yellow red and white video out plus red green and blue which made it HD
Just for info, the yellow/red/white is composite (it's video/left sound/right sound), while red/green/blue is component. The latter uses three cables for video hence the HD-ness.

even though OP never came back.

for reference;
the easy way probably doesn't work... as far as I know no console of this generation does simultaneous output through 2 interfaces. if you want to record gameplay, you have 2 options; 1. splitter 2. pass through.

even though OP never came back.

for reference;
the easy way probably doesn't work... as far as I know no console of this generation does simultaneous output through 2 interfaces. if you want to record gameplay, you have 2 options; 1. splitter 2. pass through.

Clown is right.

Trying to do the first method will not work. As with the XBOX you have to choose where the video is being output through. Meaning if you are running HDMI to your TV, you have to select HDMI out on the XBOX settings, turning off the composite output and not getting anything sent to the capture card.

The 2nd method will not work either as, yet again, you can only output through 1 source. Composite (Red, White, Yellow connections) or Component (Red, Green, Blue) must be selected within the XBOX settings in order to get video to the source of your choice. So you would not get video sent to either the TV or the Capture card as you must select one of the outputs, disabling the other.

So you will need to use a splitter or a pass through in order to get the video signal to both sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom