Potentially the longest thread in history...

Well this **** ****ing sucks. Worst start to a bday ever, i get up to discover i have been the recipient of a major bed bug offensive. That is my left hip it is just one huge patch of bites, and i have 2 other of these patches on my right leg.

Oh man, I can feel your pain. My place has just recovered or still recovering from a major bed bug infestation. I had them everywhere in clusters. I had one cluster on my leg that looked like Stonehenge and my feet looked like they had chicken pox (don't worry I would never take pics haha...don't want y'all to lose your eyes). I cringe at the thought of how many of those bloodsuckers were on my body during sleep, having a field day with my blood.

My family and I ended up throwing away all of our five mattresses. Each of them had a bed bug nest!! Now we're all sleeping on sleeping pads, which aren't that bad but sucks not having a comfy bed.

At peak we would get at least 10-20 bites each night, now it's only my brother getting bitten about once or twice. Mine varies between one bite every several days to once a week.

Check your bedding very carefully and the area around it. Sometimes the tiny ones aren't seen by the eye unless you really focus. Also wash your clothes in hot water and dry to kill any that might be on them. Whenever you see one, kill it immediately so it doesn't go back to the nest. RAID works perfectly. Fog the affected rooms, although it didn't seem to help much it did reduce activity a little. I steamed my carpets afterward if you have any. And go to your skin doctor. Good luck!

Bed bugs are the worst. They can mess with you mentally if you've had them for a long time. I would rather have ants or cockroaches.

Oh man, I can feel your pain. My place has just recovered or still recovering from a major bed bug infestation. I had them everywhere in clusters. I had one cluster on my leg that looked like Stonehenge and my feet looked like they had chicken pox (don't worry I would never take pics haha...don't want y'all to lose your eyes). I cringe at the thought of how many of those bloodsuckers were on my body during sleep, having a field day with my blood.

My family and I ended up throwing away all of our five mattresses. Each of them had a bed bug nest!! Now we're all sleeping on sleeping pads, which aren't that bad but sucks not having a comfy bed.

At peak we would get at least 10-20 bites each night, now it's only my brother getting bitten about once or twice. Mine varies between one bite every several days to once a week.

Check your bedding very carefully and the area around it. Sometimes the tiny ones aren't seen by the eye unless you really focus. Also wash your clothes in hot water and dry to kill any that might be on them. Whenever you see one, kill it immediately so it doesn't go back to the nest. RAID works perfectly. Fog the affected rooms, although it didn't seem to help much it did reduce activity a little. I steamed my carpets afterward if you have any. And go to your skin doctor. Good luck!

Bed bugs are the worst. They can mess with you mentally if you've had them for a long time. I would rather have ants or cockroaches.

im not sure what kind of bugs they are actually i couldn't see any of the buggers. I washed all my bedding in a special detergent that kills 'bed organisms' or something. By 1pm the entire left hand side of my chest and neck was very blotchy and red. I had so many bites in places the bumps just formed into one big bump several inches wide - so i went to the doctors, he said it was one of the worst cases he had seen especially to just turn up one night and have no bites the nite before. Anyhow he sprayed me in some really weird that stung like crap. He said it would kill any bugs left on the body and i am not allowed to shower for 3 days as to keep the spray residue on my skin. He said by doing this any more bugs in my bed will be killed if they try to eat me :)

He then gave me a injection in the 3 main large areas which reduced the appearance of the bites alot and now it looks like it has cleaned really quite well, and the itchiness is totally gone.

Private health care is a major win over NHS. An NHS GP would of just gave me advice and checked its not millions of cancerous lumps and told me to sod off. And no i am not some super rich person that can afford private healthcare, it is just a perk with my dads job :p

Re: Today I have...

Degreased the engine bay on the grand am, gonna be detailing it and poking around getting the last few bits of oil off and yea. So far I have spent most of the day de-greasing the stupid thing.

Yesterday i made the decision to stop upgrading my PC for a long while and im just gonna go for my passion for cars. Me and my gf have both decided were gonna be building a kit car. Ive already got the engine squared away for it.

Today I skipped work. Last night I was up drinking 1800 until 2am. I really want to take a leave of absence from work and head up to my home town in Washington state but I don't want to make **** my boss off (who is also my dad) for it. My heads all messed up.

Why don't you tell your dad about your situation? Tell him that you won't able to work efficiently "this way", and that after you clear your mind you can do better work.

Don't drink too much man...

I woke up, watched a couple of movies while I was applying and looking for jobs. Got a haircut, might take a nap here shortly, watch my Monday night shows, and then probably go workout to try and clear my head a bit.

Apparently b1gapl is now the mod for the New Posts search? He appears at the top, at any rate :p
Edit: Oh, it's because there's a random announcement appearing at the top of New Posts.

Back
Top Bottom