Whats your Job/Occupation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
on another note the mining boom might not last forever so these sizes wages and number of jobs may disapear over time. But i cant see it ending anytime soon.

I would think around the 50k mark per year. I have found that most places offer salary packages. Dont know about time sheets where i am there is a finger print scanner that is used to clock on and off.

mm taht's prety techy.do you have to pass a physical.50k a year would still be a massive improvment to 100 and something a week.where about's in tassie do u live

Only an hour away at George Town. Small world ha?

Yep you will be required to do a medical where ever you go. and also would have to do a drug and alcohol test (they perform these randomly on a regular basis.)

Check out blhengineeringconstruction.com they often recuite labours for the BHP Olympic dam project. Pays well and they fly you back home for your days off.

Only an hour away at George Town. Small world ha?

Yep you will be required to do a medical where ever you go. and also would have to do a drug and alcohol test (they perform these randomly on a regular basis.)

Check out blhengineeringconstruction.com they often recuite labours for the BHP Olympic dam project. Pays well and they fly you back home for your days off.

how dose the fifo work like do you tell them where your nearest airport is and they send out a plane or do you have to go to the lano airport or hobart airport and cacth it from there,i supose they fly you prety much diret to the mine site.do you have a set time sheet like one week your doing night shift and another week you do day shift.yeah it is a small world never would have tought any one on tech-forums would live here.

They usually fly you to and from your nearest capital city however they fly me to Launceston as the price is no different as to them flying me to Hobart.

I get taken to Perth WA where i hope on a small 10 seater plan and taken to the camp.

My shifts are like you said 6 nights, then a rest day then 6 day shifts then fly home for 7 days which is only really 5 days as you loose 2 days traveling. Shirts would be different mine site to mine site.

They usually fly you to and from your nearest capital city however they fly me to Launceston as the price is no different as to them flying me to Hobart.

I get taken to Perth WA where i hope on a small 10 seater plan and taken to the camp.

My shifts are like you said 6 nights, then a rest day then 6 day shifts then fly home for 7 days which is only really 5 days as you loose 2 days traveling. Shirts would be different mine site to mine site.

yeah true they would vary.you dont have a myspace do you?.we should keep in contact atleast on here

Na not really into myspace or face book. Feel free to send myself a pm if you need to contact me.

ok cool.iv ran out of questions to ask hahaha.actuly i'll add you into my contact;s list on here for when i want to send you a pm so i dont have scroll thruogh the members list.it's cool knowing some one on tech-forums who live here in tassie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom