hard drive space required for Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it should be a ISO file. Most likely it is a .iso.dlm cause you used a download manager. (DLM) to download the file.

If it reads win7.iso.dlm remove the .dlm from the file and try again.

Now I am confused. The Windows 7 64bit file has .ISO at the end of it but under properties it says it is a .DLM file. What is going on here?

Should I try burning it to a dvd again?

Why does everything have to be so complicated?

Did you download the file with a download manager??
What application did you use to burn the DVD?

It isnt complicated. It is very simple. I have downloaded and installed Win7 at least 30 times now. It is a very simple process.

Just download it through a browser not through a download manager. This is how i have done it with complete success every time.

I thought I was downloading it through a browser. When I click the download button, another window pops up that is called download manager. Am I doing something wrong? I am about to flip my lid over this.

What browser are you using? have you check your systray (near the clock) to make sure that any download manager you have installed is disabled?

I have used both IE and Firefox. On the computer that I am downloading this on, it does not have any download manager installed except for the one it asked me to install while I was using IE.

I noticed on the page that says your download will begin shortly, it says something about using the Web Browser method to download the file. Is that what you are talking about? If so, how do I do that?

I was able to get it to install Windows 7 finally. I don't know what I did different. All I did was create a new virtual machine with the same settings as the first one and it worked.

Now I have another small problem. On the Windows 7 desktop, the mouse does not move good at all. At some places, it is like I am hitting a wall and have to move the mouse really fast to get it past the wall.

Also, I have tried installing the guest additions but nothing happens. I am supposed to select the guest additions from the Virtual Media Manager and an autoplay box is supposed to come up but it never does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom