Deleted Appdata?

ezamoosh

Beta member
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, i'm new and quite desperate

I deleted some files from appdata in accident, now my command prompt has been replaced with command prompt shell, I can't connect to internet, the three buttons too the right of the start Button are gone(vista), I tried system restore and it came back as failed because of an unknown error and I don't know what to do. Tried system restore in safe mode and to multiple restore points, no luck. Any ideas?

What exactly did you delete from AppData ?

May be a good idea to to run this from command prompt as Admin:
sfc /scannow

What exactly did you delete from AppData ?

May be a good idea to to run this from command prompt as Admin:
sfc /scannow

I'm not sure what I deleted exactly. Or at all to be honest.

I can't run the command prompt at all as it's been replaced by command prompt shell, and when I open that it tells me x86 windk something is not installed.

Backup or system restore is your best bet. You may find it would take months to weed out issues that you may have caused (IE you may not open an application for a month or two before realizing it doesn't work).

Restore and don't delete things from appdata. Allow the uninstallation wizard of a program to do that.

I'm not sure what I deleted exactly. Or at all to be honest.

I can't run the command prompt at all as it's been replaced by command prompt shell, and when I open that it tells me x86 windk something is not installed.

Backup your important data and reinstall Windows. Not worth troubleshooting at this point, due to what Lex stated.

Back
Top Bottom