Is it really worth it with an ATI card ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I keep meaning to bring myself to get F@H running... but i keep seeming to remember even fast ATI cards where way slower than slower nVidia cards, and i have an ATI card. So is it really worth the bother for the infinitesimally small amount my graphics card will contribute to the tech forums F@H team..

If so, someone point me in the right direction (and every direction after that :eek:), there's something about F@H that confuses the heck out of me every time :p

Every point/WU counts ;). Just run it, and you can proudly say that your computer helps cure cancer :p.

I keep meaning to bring myself to get F@H running... but i keep seeming to remember even fast ATI cards where way slower than slower nVidia cards, and i have an ATI card. So is it really worth the bother for the infinitesimally small amount my graphics card will contribute to the tech forums F@H team..

If so, someone point me in the right direction (and every direction after that :eek:), there's something about F@H that confuses the heck out of me every time :p

Its not a small amount, run it and you will see. New units were released which increased the speed of ATI cards, the playing field has been evened out a bit...Nvidia is still in the lead but ATI cards are by no means slow, still faster than the PS3 and some nvidia cards.

If you would have been running it since i told you, you would have over 100,000 points by now.

F@H support 4xxx series?

Of course.

Hd2xxx and up.

blah....... I tried to install F@H gpu client v2, couldn't get it to run on the 4850

I browsed around, it said only up to hd2xxx series

or maybe my brain just stopped working for a minute :(

Okay, i'll install after some TF2.

Its not a small amount, run it and you will see. New units were released which increased the speed of ATI cards, the playing field has been evened out a bit...Nvidia is still in the lead but ATI cards are by no means slow, still faster than the PS3 and some nvidia cards.

If you would have been running it since i told you, you would have over 100,000 points by now.

Of course.

Hd2xxx and up.

I cancelled that because that was during the time i had terrible speaker interference with any GPU activity with my old motherboard, and obviously there was alot running F@H 24hours a day. It's gone now with my new mobo..so i have no excuse.

ATIs are going to pickup as soon as the bigger, harder units come out.

I fold on an 8600gts, 7-1600ppd and my 9600m gt, 5-1300ppd, just because they're on.
I've even fired up a uni on my lappy to bank a whole 170ppd.

All just cause I got them on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom