I need some help with my iPod.

jmuzeroll

Beta member
Hello, I have just made an account on here, so this is my first post. I need some help with my 5th generation iPod Touch. I've jailbroken it on iOS 8.1.2. Everything has been going well until today. I decided to send an incredibly lengthy message of only emojis to a friend of mine. It made it so iMessage would crash when I opened it. So I decided to do some digging in iFile, and came across sms. I thought it would, for whatever reason, be harmless if I deleted the contents of sms.db. Now, iMessages do not save, and they stop sending towards the end of the sending process. They arrive on other people's phones, but don't save on my iPod. Also, when I recieve a message, it disappears when I open the blank conversation. So, my question is, is there anyway I can fix my sms.db? Thank you for any help.

Last edited:
A factory reset should fix it - but you'll have to go through and reinstall all your apps and such (not sure if you'll have to re-jailbreak it or not? I don't own an iPod). As for just fixing the sms.db...not sure if you're able to or not. Would iTunes be able to repair it?

A factory reset should fix it - but you'll have to go through and reinstall all your apps and such (not sure if you'll have to re-jailbreak it or not? I don't own an iPod). As for just fixing the sms.db...not sure if you're able to or not. Would iTunes be able to repair it?
Factory reset will fix it, but reset all my apps, music, and yes, my jailbreak. Also, it just so happens I've broken my laptop. I can live with it, I'm getting a new phone soon enough anyways I guess. Thanks anyway!

Back
Top Bottom