Anything I need to adjust?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My highes bill was 375 for 2mo, of 3 gpus and 2 cpus, 950 and q6600.. plus i work from home so my tv and lights plus another laptop sometimes on.
A normal amount is 3 bucks aday for a system.
Summers suck as you pa to heat AND cool your room.

Yha, electronics are quite happy running in a steady state condition, on and off cooling hurts more than hot always.

Okay to clarify what was "wrong" before with the 10721 wu, it is an advanced unit thats getting tested... It should have been a 2.5 day run, and you were doing just fine. However, it was not reporting a bonus like it should have.
Wu times range from hours to days.... High ppd use to be 200ppd aday, and those units are still around for people running older hardware.

I normally Fold 24/7. I only stop it when I game or need all of my CPU power for something (like encoding). Like KSoD I have no problems with this.

My last power bill was $177 (paid it this morning). We used the AC some but not too much, and that includes the cost of heating water for three people plus cooking as well as washing and drying clothes for the same. Oh, and my wife's computer as well as her mom's computer run 24/7 (but don't Fold).

Why do you have to let your system take a break? I have been folding nonstop for 6 days, 15 hours, 23 minutes and completed 10 SMP units and 20 GPU units. I have yet to defrag my hard drive, clean any temp files or anything like that. My system is still running as if it was installed yesterday.

Plus the bill estimate is outrageous. My bill has yet to hit even $200 for electric at any point in the year. That is with constant folding in the summer. Just cause your area the costs for electric is higher doesnt mean that everyone will have the same amount in their bill.

What are you talking about ? all I am saying is he needs to give his computer break every so often.
Folding 24/7 with cpu at 90% or higher is not good, I can say that from personal experience using dual, tri, quad and a hexa-core.

Yeah I don't know what his bill is like, but I am saying later on during summer when electrity prices start to increase on usage that is why I said he might end up getting a 300.00 bill in the mail if he is not carefull folding while using other electrical usage in his home.

Like I said before, I pay the bill so I will use as much electricity as I want. ;)

See this is the greatest pzart about DC projects........ We all can run how ever we want to.

I think mike, youve een through more hardware than me, and mine have been 2r4/7 for 3 yrs almost.

Well it's not about us anymore patonb, mostly we do it for one goal, some kick in the ribs, and some friendly debates in here and good information to be spread in here.
Matter of fact here MAK this is yours I've been meaning to jam this in your inbox but have been occupied with real life drama lately.

TimBradleyGetty140x84.jpg

Excuse the broken trophy as I had a fit, when I lost my chance to take you down 2 or 3 weeks back in folding!
Next time **** it you won't be so lucky when I catch up to you very soon.... :devil:

Press corpse congradulations on joining the team, I give it 2 or 3 months before you reach my rank shortly. ;)

MikeFuryXP

Well my TPF is just over 10 mins so once I get home from work tonight, it should be completed. I may let the computer rest overnight since it has pretty much been on nonstop for the past month. I am considering getting some sort of newer nvidia card to just use for folding. ebay has shown plenty of 285 gtx cards. I'll have to keep searching for those deals!

-- and thanks for the welcome Mike. I folded previously on my p4 system like a year ago and that was way slow going. I am hooked on getting as many WU's in to help to a good cause. Unfortunately I am saving for my vegas trip in august and it would not be smart to spend it on an expensive nvidia card to fold. I'm just glad to help!

Well yeah you could go that route, or we could swing it another way and try this:

Newegg.com - Galaxy 55NGH8HX4NXK GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
GTX 550

or

Newegg.com - Galaxy 44GGS8HX3VXZ GeForce GT 440 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

Keep in mind that these cards on newegg fluctuate in price if you catch one at 5 or 6 less during the month don't hold back and pick one up.

Personally I have 2 GT430's on SLI on a crossfire based board in my computer.
Couldn't be more happier as both are energy effiecent and hardly puts a scratch on my electric bill during the past 5 months. :)

Good looking out. Depending on cash flow, I may snatch one or two of the 440's. Considering they are Fermi based, they do very well eating up WU's, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom