Power Outlet Networking Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjellj

Beta member
Picked up two trendnet TPL-303E adapters and am hardwired from router to PC through my wall, it is awesome to me. My question is, if I am in an apartment that is in a building/structure with a total of 10 or so apartments, do you think I am sharing with all of them? (Hypothetically)

Technically, yes. I mean the electrons don't know where to go, they just go where the current allows them to. Your electrical system is connected throughout the building. How is the quality? I've always wondered.

It really isx all about how yor building is wired.

I honestly don't think you would, as unless you have an all included power and rent, your circuit should be all your own.

Lex, I have a security cam wired like that and its pretty decent in sending the cam picture.

THanks patonb. And you're right - i guess you are on your own circuit since you pay your own electric bills. So you're right - didn't think about that.

I ask about the quality because i'm thinking about doing something similar for a security camera in my house as well as possibly running it for my PS3. I'm in my office with the PC - which is the 'more needed' device for reliable internet so i put the router in here. Now i'd like to connect my PS3 but haven't found the best method yet (thought about doing another router to rebroadcast the signal). Power outlet might be the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom