Ram (Last time I hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YanBooth

Daemon Poster
Which RAM is going to be best for me?
PRICE IS NO ISSUE.
SIZE IS NOT AN ISSUE AS LONG AS IT IS AT LEAST 512 MB.
I don't plan to overclock my rig more than from 2.6 GHz to 2.8 GHz, if at all...
Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-4000 with Platinum-Silver Heat Spreader
Or
CORSAIR XMS Dual Channel Kit 184-Pin 1GB(512MB x 2) DDR PC-4400 W/ Platinum Heat Spreader, Model TWINX1024-4400C25PT
Or

CORSAIR XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 2GB(1GBx2) DDR PC-3200
Finally: Or
OCZ Platinum Enhanced Latency Dual Channel Kit 184-Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-4200

Thanks so much, as I have not been able to get enough info to help me decide...
Yan

The big spender part is the problem, I want to get feed back from people who know about performance and bottlenecks and all that (I'm not saying you don't know about those kinds of things) so I can know if its worth spending a lot on RAM.
Thanks is advance
Yan

they are all very nice and judging by wat u got in you system id go with OCZ Platinum Enhanced Latency Dual Channel Kit 184-Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-4200 one reason its got the lowest of the cas latency and ocz make some very nice ram. but if possible id get 2 gb of it.

I agree, OCZ seems like the better choice with lower latency. Corsair is really overrated and I think many people get confused into believing just because it costs more, it's going to perform better.

well like they said man, all of em would cut it technically. But out of all the ones you listed OCZ is superior is what they are saying and I agree. From all the articles I've read the OCZ Platinum edition performed better than Corsair XMS in performance, overclockability, and of course benches. Those OCZ will kick major butt.

BUT ALSO....check these out:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-220-033&depa=1

They are rated at DDR400 - 2-2-2-5 and DDR533 - 3-4-4-8

Now of course 3-4-4-8 timings suck compared to the OCZ 4200, BUT that's just what the company guarantees it at. They can actually obtain tighter timings.

It's like $150 cheaper, unless you just really don't care, and you should be able to hit those 2.5-3-3-8 timings with some luck of course

But that's more of a gamble type option whereas the OCZ will definitely be delivered to you with those timings and speed.

But really at this point you're getting major high performance RAM so any of em would cut it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom