OverClocked AMD64 3200, Wont Boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuraiwarrior

In Runtime
hi
after i turn my amd64 3200 winchester core up to 2.06 or anything else above stock it wont boot the post tester will say processor error so i have to reset the bios and use defaults, now its running at 2.4 but i have enable cool n quite, does this allow the overclocking to work? if u overclocked this processor before did you have cool N' quiet enabled?
is 2.04 the same as 2.4 ghz in the bios? or am i really stupid and barley overclocking it by less than than 2.4?
if it has to be on then its ok i just want to run it at 2.4 at least but i got substatial cooling and wana hit 2.6
i have a MSI k8n neo4 platinum SLI board
Help,
Sean

Cool 'N Quiet is junk.

Basically, it under-clocks your CPU when it's not being used. For example, when your just cruising the internet or something, Cool 'N Quiet will under-clock your CPU to reduce temps, and make the CPU fan run slower.

I bet it's your RAM causing you not to boot. Set up a memory divider and see what happens.

its not the ram becuase i have a post tester and whenever i set my processor above defaul ghz it always stops booting at the processor stage. until i reset the timings back to default.
so yea not likely memory even though thats a common cause of boot failure.
More help please.
Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom