ATI X700 Pro Questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DelTASteveB

Baseband Member
Alright, I'm here for answers. I'm not here to listen to how N-Vidia is so much better, blah blah blah. I just bought the card listed in the topic title, and im trying to get it to, well, look better. I've adjusted the resolution, and it does make games look better. But the FPS on CS:S is still only 50-55 FPS. Is this normal? Is there any sort of drivers that I should download? Is there any type of tweakers I should download?

Thanks,
Steve

it should be a little higher

the x700pro was a failure by ati (and so was the x600 series and most of the x800's)

But the FPS on CS:S is still only 50-55 FPS.
Well, what are your in game settings. That is fantabulios if you have everything maxed. Not so good on medium settings.

diabloII said:
it should be a little higher

the x700pro was a failure by ati (and so was the x600 series and most of the x800's)

Nvidia did indeed win this generation, but many people bought ATI, so i guess it wasn't a complete failure. :confused: X700 Pro wasn't too bad of a performer. Yeah, it did get beat by the 6600 GT, but it wasn't a total blowout.

yea, the x700pro actually edged the 6600gt out in HL2 on few maps if i remembered right

the X700 is almost as good as the 6600, so you should get descent fps in games

things you could do to improve performance:
install new drivers
overclock
install the latest dirtectX
make sure it's getting good cooling (more heat = slower)

heat doesn't cause something to be slower unless it's to the point of causing it to physically error at which point he'd see artifacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom