Best music quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupid

In Runtime
I own tons of cds and want to put all that music on my pc. Right now i know only one way of doing it - windows media player, but the highest quality u can get with it is 192K.

Is the some other program that lets u put music form cds onto ur pc with better quality.

b/w 192k is that good quality - it sounds good to me, but my friend says that its bad.

A bit rate of 192 is near CD quality and I would stick with that if you appreciate good quality. However, if you have HD issues and need extra space, go with 128 or 160. They both sound nearly the same and take up much less space than a 192. :)

I use 192. Good quality and space isnt too bad. If I had to choose between 128 and 160, id go with 128. For some reason (and it might just be me) 160 sounds a little off.

My problem with Windows Media Player is that it uses WMA, a format I don't particularly like. And, judging by a post you made a few days ago, I'll assume you're about to purchase an iPod...which will mean you'll have to convert your library if you import in WMA format.

There are plenty of other programs that can import CDs. Musicmatch Jukebox, RealOne, iTunes, are just a few. MP3 is still the most universal format you can use. And I find 192k usually sounds fine...unless you are playing it through a very hi-fi system, in which case the difference higher rates make is much more significant.

CDex is a great ripping program, and it's completely free (and open source). I usually rip at 192kbps since it's a nice balance between size and quality, but if I need something better I'll either use 320kbps mp3, or FLAC if quality is very important.

þÄ®âÐÖx said:
CDex is a great ripping program, and it's completely free (and open source). I usually rip at 192kbps since it's a nice balance between size and quality, but if I need something better I'll either use 320kbps mp3, or FLAC if quality is very important.

Ive used CDex for quite some time now. Never had a problem with it and it seems to be one of the better free ripping programs.

However, if you are paying for something...the ripping part of MusicMatch is top notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom