What is Hiren's BootCD 9.8 and is it safe and legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi again everyone!

I just wanted to know if someone here can tell me what Hiren's BootCD 9.8 is, what it is good for, is it safe, and is it legal and legit to use.

Can someone here please answer my questions on this please?

Thanks,

Soar

It's only the best thing ever. It's legal, but you do have to pay for it.

Hiren's BootCD 9.8 - www.hiren.info

That has everything that's on there. I've used it before, it's very useful when fixing computers, since you don't have to boot into the computer's OS. It even has a preinstalled environment like XP that you can log into, using the RAM as a hard disk.

Which i had found this website yesterday. Just paid $ for a diagnostic test and loosing my PC for 5 days to simply find out if my HDD is not working.

I was always under the impression that this CD was illegal in every way. I had thought you had to use a torrent to get it. Even if you can purchase it, it would likely be illegal since the purchase price would be no where near the cost of all these programs, and the developers of these programs don't get a penny as far as I know...

I could be completely wrong, but this is what I had always heard/thought.

In no way is it illegal, you are able to purchase it...but just like most things you are able to purchase, it finds it's way to the dark side of the internet.

Where do you legally purchase it from? If it is legal I'll finally buy it and start using it. I was always under the impression that it was illegal though given all the ripped off software crammed into one CD and modified so that it is all bootable. Perhaps I had just always heard from the misinformed...

Hiren's BootCD - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
potential users should note that many of the tools are commercial applications that have not been legally licensed for redistribution, and so download/use/sharing of Hiren's BootCD may be illegal (depending on your legal jursidiction)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom