Vista or xp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g2k556

In Runtime
Hi, I was wondering which would be best for me. I'm currently getting the parts I need for my computer, and I was thinkin' about getting xp home or professional and then I began to look into it, and there are so many versions I don't know what's I should get or not. I thought xp would be my best bet because I've heard so many problems with Vista, but I may be wrong and vista may be the better choice. But with either there is like a 32 bit and a 64 bit, and a sp2 and 3 pack, and it's all just so confusing. This is my first computer that I'm building so all of this is pretty new to me, I'm just so used to having a computer with windows already on it, I would like to get XP professional or Vista Ultimate, but I don't know which, or 32 bit or 64 bit. So thanks in advance for any help, and here is my setup: clicky

forget about service packs. you download them from the internet free and they just fix flaws in the OS.

you want to be going with 32 bit, because not many applications now support 64bit, so if u want games, 64 bit is a no-go

my experience tells me that the only different between enterprise and ultimate is that ultimate has windows media centre. to me, it was pointless.

as for the vista problems, there were problems with XP when it first came out too, and vista is still pretty pricey, so you may be better getting a cheap OEM of windows xp pro.

also dont go for vista if you have 1GB of ram or less.

$opening = "::wavewave::'

echo = "Only need XP Pro if you plan to use it for LAN types of work. Such as a tech of an office building trying to connect in order to correct a problem on your computer. For home and most business use, XP Home is plenty.";

echo = "I wouldn't recommend Vista to any one right now. It is still to new, and has a large amount of bugs. Although it is pretty, and has many neat things about it, I wouldn't use it for another 4 ~ 6 months. There are programs to get your XP to look just like Vista. Even the gadgets can be implemented into XP. Which function a bit better IMO. My favorite XP design though, is called BlackBox.";

$opening = "::wavewave::'

echo = "Only need XP Pro if you plan to use it for LAN types of work. Such as a tech of an office building trying to connect in order to correct a problem on your computer. For home and most business use, XP Home is plenty.";

echo = "I wouldn't recommend Vista to any one right now. It is still to new, and has a large amount of bugs. Although it is pretty, and has many neat things about it, I wouldn't use it for another 4 ~ 6 months. There are programs to get your XP to look just like Vista. Even the gadgets can be implemented into XP. Which function a bit better IMO. My favorite XP design though, is called BlackBox.";

I'm gonna be using it to photoshop, watch movies, play video games, internet, dreamweaver, possibly Flash, and possibly programming. So would Home be a good choice or would professional be the better. And what benefits would I have if I get professional over home. Thanks.

Vista would be jsut fine. I have used it since it was Beta and have had little to no problem with it. Biggest problem are the crappy drivers which is not M$ fault.

For what you plan on doing you could use Vista easily. I play several games on Vista with no issue at all. XP only has SP2 right now. Which comes already on any disc purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom