START UP ERROR: Status 0xc000000f

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatfallsgreen

Beta member
SO I turned on my HP Pavillion dv4-1125nr laptop this morning and I got this message:
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1Insert your windows installation disc and restart computer.
2 Choose language settings and then click "next".
3 Click " Repair your computer."

File: \Boot\BCD

Info: An error occured while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

I have windows vista but I do NOT have the windows installation disc. I have 3 HP recovery discs that the Geek squad made.
I have important info on this laptop I do not want to erase by recovering.
Can anyone help me get my computer going again without having to loose pictures, music and my Quickbooks info?
Thank You SO MUCH!

Thanks guys. BUT..... I need the Windows Vista Installation Disc no the Windows Recovery Disc. Unless they are the same? But why would they give them two COMPLETELY different names.
Can anyone tell me how I can get the Windows Vista INSTALLATION Disc?
The GEEK SQUAD made me HP Recovery Discs but I do not want to use them and wipe out all my important data.
Thanks for your help.

Please read my links. You have a BCD Error. Which is a boot issue. Which is covered by step one of the first link which points you to my second link. The Recovery Disk is NOT the same and that is why they have to different names. The Recovery Disk allows you to use the Recovery Console to fix boot issues (Which you have), use System Restore points along with getting to the Command Prompt for various actions. It doesnt contain a single install file.

You do not need the Install Disk cause all you will do is use the Repair my PC option which can be used via the Recovery Disk.

Please just read what i posted. I have come across this error for years and i helped create the Vista Recovery Disk and that Wiki topic itself. I know a thing or two about what im suggesting and why im suggesting it. I didnt do it for no reason or without previous knowledge that it would work.

You guys did it!
I can go back to work now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!
I really appreciate it!
Eric
Mak213 and Slaymate are super stars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom