Start up error - File:\Boot\BCD status 0xc000000f

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikhaile76

Beta member
Hi guys.

I've got an HP Pavilion Notebook with VISTA Home Premium.

I tried to boot it up this morning and I have the following black screen error:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

File: \Boot\BCD
Status 0xc000000f

An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

I get the normal insert disk message, the thing is, I don't have a disk to run (rather foolishly I never burnt the disk from the partitioned drive)

Can anyone please help me?

Many thanks

Thanks!

You are a star!

I ended up doing a full restore of factory settings and set about putting everything back on my laptop, finally put all of my stuff from my iPod back on to it and rebooted the laptop and the SAME ERROR that I started off with.

This morning I followed the method in the link given and it all seems to work (fingers crossed)

Many thanks again

I am having difficulty using step three of "Recovering the Vista Bootloader from the DVD" Where it says to input all that code into the command prompt. Only the first line works. In my command prompt window, each line begins with "X:/Source>" how do i input "x:\boot\bootsect.exe /nt60 all /force" so that it will work? ie. "X:/Source>x:\boot\bootsect.exe /nt60 all /force" doesn't work.

how can i reboot my daughters advent 4900 notebook as it doesnt av adisc drive to use discs and it is showing error \boot\bcd status 0xc000000f.

Either get a external CD Drive you can pick up one for £20 that will do the job, or you can download a .iso of the version of XP on the netbook and burn it to a USB key with something like unetbootin.

I am getting this error as well. I have a Toshiba and don't have the same options aas some of the other users that have fixed theirs. Any ideas? I really need help!

"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

File: \Boot\BCD
Status 0xc000000f

An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data."

Post #2 in this thread. It gives the solution as well as a Recover CD download if you dont have the Vista Media from the manufacturer. Please try that first then we will try to figure out other options.

thanks a lot i managed to burn the CD from a mac actually it can be done you just need to download the mac version of utorent and macs have a built in application to burn ISO images. and this was probably obvious to most people but to clarify once you have the CD you need to restart your comp go to the boot menu before the error message comes up and select boot from optical device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom