Outlook 2007 Image Signature Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

contry

In Runtime
When I try to add a signature that I made to outlook 2007, it adds the signature I made in photoshop, wich is a jpeg file but it does not let me resize it, it is too small and I can't make it bigger.

I already tried searching for this problem but I did not find anything helpful.

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance

Hello,

This is because the image was created to be run on a image that is the size of your desktop. Be it 1280x1024 or whatever your resolution is. Now take that image and place it on to a 8.5" by 11.5" pirce of paper. Woudl it look the same? No. It has to be resized to fit that piece of paper.

So when you create the image take that into consideration.

Plus where did you search for this information. I found plenty of hits right from Microsofts sites.

Search Results

Cheers,
Mak

Hello Thanks for the reply but that is not really my problem, I understand what you are saying, but this happens just with outlook 2007.

Mostly everyone at work is using outlook 2003 and when I add the signature to their outlook it stays the original size (wich is not too big) , but one person is using outlook 2007 and when I go to options>mail format>signature and make a new signature and upload the image it resizes it to about 1/2 the size and when you select it and try to make it bigger by draggin it it does not work, this did not happen in 2003, it just happens in 2007.

It worked in 2003 but not anymore since she upgraded, and outlook 2007 does not let me resize it.

Thanks

Hello,

This is a answer provided by Experts Exchange.

Right clicking the HTML file and selecting edit from windows explorer, changing the size of the graphic in Word and saving it seems to have done the trick, I guess I just needed to leave outlook out of it.

So from what it looks like the Signature creator in Outlook 2007 differs from that of other versions. Try that.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

Glad it is sorted now. Glad i could be of service. :)

Stop on by again if you need anymore help.

Cheers,
Mak

Just a little note for those who want it

Outlook/Word 2007 uses the size in inches, rather than pixels. I find that if I set the resolution of my images to 300 dpi they are sized as expected (pixel-wise) in Outlook 2007 signature fields.

Hope this helps someone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom