New ASUS notebook doesn't complete windows 7 installtion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zillah

In Runtime
Hi Experts

Client of mine has bought his notebook ASUS U31S with external DVD drive yesterday and he asked me to install windows 7 ultimate (origin was windows 7 home edition) beside other operating system Linux and Solaris.

I divided the 500 GB hard disk but didn't touch the hidden partition that has recovery.

I formatted the C partition that had windows 7 home edition and install a fresh copy of windows 7 ultimate,,,,,the process was smooth , first restart asking about username and computer name , password,,,etc ,,,,but with the second restart, PC kept rebooting without completing the windows installation.

Although I have used the same widnows 7 CD for his other new laptop and the installation went smooth without any problem.

I tried different media same problem.

This laptop does have an external DVD driv, of course it is an LG and brand new

What could be the cause of this issue ?

Regards

It depends on the device boot order. If the DVD is first in the bios list it will keep rebooting and restarting the install. Are you taking the DVD out when Windows 7 restarts?

I recently had issues with a friends laptop, I wanted to keep the factory recovery partition, but he wanted a higher end version of win7. I did as you did, everything went smooth till the final restart, the system ended up going into a loop wanting to start the install over. The only thing I could figure out was the recovery partition causing issues. After I removed that partition, and started the install again, everything went perfectly fine.

The only thing I could figure out was the recovery partition causing issues. After I removed that partition, and started the install again, everything went perfectly fine.
I am thinking about this issue as well, but I want to keep just in case we need to return it to the retailer

You could have kept an image of the whole drive then you wouldn't need to worry about the recovery partition.
Also worth noting that Windows + recovery + Linux + Solaris will account for all the partitions meaning that you won't be able to have a swap partition or any custom partition setup.

The only thing I could figure out was the recovery partition causing issues. After I removed that partition, and started the install again, everything went perfectly fine.
You could have kept an image of the whole drive then you wouldn't need to worry about the recovery partition.

http://discussions.hardwarecentral.com/showthread.php?p=1047833#post1047833

Definitely you are right

The issue was with the recovery hidden partition 21 GB , I backup up that partition buy using Acronis then I deleted it form the hard drive ,,,,now I have got no problem with windows 7 installation

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom