Bake Your Video Card Back To Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
This can work, it is HIGHLY likely that it CAN work, as long as what is damaged is a bad solder joint. It basicaly does what a reflow station does, melts the joints, that way they rejoin.

This is pretty crazy, makes sense though. I get how it works now, when I first saw this topic name I was confused haha.

ahaha, i got a dead video card so i'm going to try this. Mine died from overheating though, no pun intended, so this may not work.

*edit: think this would work on a dead mother board too? It also died from overheating lol

That is just absurd. It will only work if you broke a solder joint, and I don't see how you could possibly do that. It's not like anything can move which would put stress on the solder.

If your video card dies, send it for warranty, don't put it in the fking oven.

lol this video card is a 5 year old ATI radeon 9800 PRO. It's the old apg x8 kind of card. Mobo is also 5 years old.

That is just absurd. It will only work if you broke a solder joint, and I don't see how you could possibly do that. It's not like anything can move which would put stress on the solder.

If your video card dies, send it for warranty, don't put it in the fking oven.

Same thing happens to the 360, some parts get extremly hot while others are cold, this temp change in a very small area can cause the board to warp and break the joints that are hot.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ...... No.

I will throw hard drives into the freezer. I might even through a motherboard into the dish washer. However baking a video card. Pass.

Not really in the mood to have a nvidia flavored jaffle oozing with plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom