Trouble waking up from S3 Standby

Status
Not open for further replies.

easygoer

Beta member
I have a M2N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard with Athlon X2 4000+ Brisbane core and 2GB DDR2. I am generally happy with my setup except one nagging problem which I have been unable to resolve no matter what I do.

I have tried everything to get my computer to wake up from S3 standby but to no avail. Here is the problem. It goes to into S3 sleep mode just fine - everything shuts down and the HD LED starts blinking. I can even wake it up fine by moving my USB mouse/keyboard for some time after. However, if I let it sleep overnight or more than a few hours, it fails to wakeup. After sleeping all night, when I try to wake it up in the morning, the PSU turns on, the fans start spinning but there is no video and the HD LED keeps blinking. Does anyone know what is going on? I even disabled Cool n Quiet in BIOS and still the same behavior. Thanks.

Could this be Power supply issue? I have an Ultra-X 500W SLI power supply. I noticed in the M2N32-SLI Dlx manual that it recommends a 600W PSU at one place. Any help/recommendations is greatly appreciated.

Whoops! Sorry, made a silly error. It is the power LED that keeps blinking after wakeup and not the HD LED. I am wondering if anyone with this motherboard has had this problem or been able to make their S3 sleep state work.

Thanks for the tip. I have already tried the USB fix. What it does is, allow you to put your PC in S3 sleep if you have USB devices connected. But my problem is coming out of S3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom