Rebuild Raid 1 Array After HD Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunsmith65

Solid State Member
I have a Raid 1 Array with two Western Digital 500GB hard drives. One of the hard drives crashed. I unplugged each on in turn to determine which Hard Drive crashed.

Now I have the replacement hard drive. I installed it and was hoping the system would automatically rebuild the array. No go. I am still getting the Raid 1 critical error when I boot up. When I go into the "Control F" and check array it sees two drives but says "critical".

How do I put another 500GB HD back into the array?

BTW I am using Windows Vista home premium with AMD raid console.

Okay, I went into the, Option ROM Utility 2008 AMD, and it has four options. View Drive assignment (only views), Define LD (cant change anything but can add another raid), delete LD (deletes data on drive), controller Config (shows config but can't change anything).

I cant find anything else that would let me do anything like build an array.

I am at a loss.

Are you sure a raid array can be built on a live operating system drive? Read your other thread. I put one solution there.

I am not sure exactly what you mean. The raid was installed during the installation of Vista. So the raid drivers were inplace as Vista was installing.

As far as rebuilding the array.....? I have no idea.

The MB is a M3a78-T with a Phenom 9950 Quad core. I am running two Western Digital 500GB sata drives for the raid 1. I have a Sapphire 4850 1GB, and 4MB of RAM.

I went into the BIOS and turned the raid off and put it on AHCI (I think that was the acronym) and the critical error went away. I think that is because it is not looking for a raid any longer. I still only see the one drive.

Yeah, I have read pages 5-44 thru 5-52 over and over. :) Nothing changes no matter how many times I read them. I followed the link and it seems this is a reoccuring problem with this utility. I saved the link and will give the whole process a shot tomorrow when I am more awake.

Thanks for the effort. I have been scanning forums, AMD, ASUS, etc looking for a straight forward fix but no luck so far. The links info may provide a path though. I will follow it through tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom