What's the best motherboard for my new Core i5 2500K processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi all!

Ok, I just received a great deal on one of these new unlocked Intel i5-2500K processors. I am trying to make up my mind on these three motherboards:

GA-P67A-UD3 LGA 1155 P67 ATX Intel Motherboard
P8P67 LGA 1155 P67 ATX Intel Motherboard
P8P67 PRO LGA 1155 ATX Intel Motherboard

Which one would you choose and why?

Also, does anyone else here know of a better motherboard that the new unlocked Intel i5-2500K processor would like to work with?

It's me,

Soar

If you don't mind spending $350 on a board and red is your color, this one is pretty killer: Newegg.com - ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard

But this is the one I plan to pair up with my i7 2600k:
Newegg.com - ASUS P8P67 Deluxe LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Comes with a drive bay for 2 USB 3.0 ports on the front....not sure I'll use it anytime soon, but the connection looks like it'll become a standard so I might be able to use it for a different mobo in the distant future when USB 3.0 is more popular.

I would suggest a UD3P/UD4 or wait for eVGA's P67.

Ok, I looked at them, but I do not plan on using more than one GPU. I suppose I should have stated that in my first post. Sorry, my bad.

I would go with AMD before I bought an Intel mobo.

I already have the AMD 1055T and it worked fine until I fried the MB installing the new 460 GTX GPU. Gigabyte is RMA'ing me a new one now. I was told that AMD was so embarrassed when they compared the benchmarks and intended prices of Intel's 2500K series with their Bulldozer chip that they postponed the release of it. Not sure why you would go with AMD rather than these new Intel 2500K/2600K chips. Perhaps you know something we do not.

If you don't mind spending $350 on a board and red is your color, this one is pretty killer: Newegg.com - ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard

But this is the one I plan to pair up with my i7 2600k:
Newegg.com - ASUS P8P67 Deluxe LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Comes with a drive bay for 2 USB 3.0 ports on the front....not sure I'll use it anytime soon, but the connection looks like it'll become a standard so I might be able to use it for a different mobo in the distant future when USB 3.0 is more popular.

So sorry, $350 is way out of my price range. I suppose I should have posted a different title: "What MB is the best bang for the buck." My bad!

He already has......oh I see what you did there lol.

Final Note: I finally realized the vendor would only give me the three MB options listed in my first post if I was to make good on the bundled deal. So I settled on the GA-P67A-UD3 LGA 1155 P67 ATX Intel Motherboard. The total for the combo deal [GA-P67A-UD3 + Intel i5-2500K] came to $279. For me, this was the best deal I could afford. Also, the two top Moderators at the Gigabyte Forum in England are extremely nice, helpful, knowledgeable, and best of all friendly. They've helped me so much in the past and I know they will be there for me in the future too.

Thanks everyone for your advice and tips.

I just hope this combo will go together well. I am already hearing reports of various challenges with the new Intel chips and MB's.

It's me,

Soar

Soar

Just because you won't be using more than one GPU doesn't mean you have to have only have 1 PCI-E slot. The boards I suggested are rock solid and that is the reason I suggested them, not because of multi-GPU support.

Slay was making a joke. He likes Intel alot, and was saying he would rather go AMD before using a board branded by Intel themselves.

Just because you won't be using more than one GPU doesn't mean you have to have only have 1 PCI-E slot. The boards I suggested are rock solid and that is the reason I suggested them, not because of multi-GPU support.

Slay was making a joke. He likes Intel alot, and was saying he would rather go AMD before using a board branded by Intel themselves.

PP, So sorry for the misunderstanding. Ok, I will take those two boards into consideration. I suppose I could always sell my GA-P67A-UD3 and upgrade to one of the MB's you recommended if I can find the time and the cash.

Yes, now I remember, Slaymate dislikes Gigabyte products and doesn't even like the mention of their name. He must have had a really bad experience with them. Well, I am doing the very best that I can considering the budget I am on, so I just hope to get a stable and reliable build with this Intel i-5-2500K.

I am planning on it being my primary computer.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Soar

Since you already have the UD3 then that will be plenty fine. Still going to be a good board regardless if it's black or not.

PPM,

Thanks for the encouragement and I am looking forward to starting the build soon [should receive the shipment within the next week].

Have a good one!

Soar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom