upgraded to 4gb ram but vista 64 bit only sees 3gb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
i have 64 bit vista and it only sees that i have 3gb of ram. I bought the corsair 2gb one and failed to boot at 1000Mhz so i put it to 800MHz and then booted but vista only sees 3gb on dxdiag? Why ihave 64 bit system!

Vista has troubles with RAM over 2GB

even 64 bit? and everest says only 3gb too :( but it shows the i have all 4 slots installed with 1gb each :(

Dang it, my ram latency went from 52.1 with only 2gb to 63.0 ns with 4gb showing only 3gb. probably cuz i changed the frequency from 1000Mhz to 800MHz cuz it wouldnt boot up might have to change the timing a bit loosen it to say 5-5-5-18 or something.....

but ye...... only shows 3gb on all including everest! hm..... not sure if this is working in dual channel since its only showing 3gb and i think both have to be showed to actually do dual chanel. :( grrr ahhh

I thought the whole point of Vista 64 was so that you could use more than 3gb of ram. If this is true then i'll just have to stick to my XP until vista sp1 comes out. Right now my XP 32 is seeing 3.5gb of my ram.

and the bios only shows 3gb too hm..... any ideas? i cant run the RAM at 1000MHz not so sure what i have to do to make that possible.

Help please, b1gapl?

If they bios only shows 3gb, then i would suspect that you have problems with the memory. My bios shows the full 4gb that i have.

When you fix it, make sure you post the solution. I just purchased within the last 24 hours and I will be doing the same thing. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom