Sandy Bridge pricing leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddle Jumper

Mod Emeritus
sandybm.jpg

Source [Not English]: Prezzi e caratteristiche delle prime CPU Intel "Sandy Bridge"

I'm really looking forward to the Core i5 2400. Even though the new socket is a cheap move a 3.1ghz 32nm quad for $180 is a insane deal. To bad we have to wait until Q1 2011 to get it.

Are these going to be socket 1336? (except for the i3) If so, that new i5 looks to be my next upgrade, assuming this article is accurate.

Edit: socket LGA2011, interesting. I suspect that either they put the year for the socket, or Intel are ****ers :p

Edit edit: Aha, translating the page via Google reveals:
CPUs for high-end enthusiasts will debut only in the second quarter of 2011 with the platform Patsburg that unlike the Sugar Bay platform will use the LGA2011 socket.
So, these CPUs are going to be on the current sockets, but there are high-end ones coming out as well as these ones on a new socket, during Q2.

Are these going to be socket 1336? (except for the i3) If so, that new i5 looks to be my next upgrade, assuming this article is accurate.

Edit: socket LGA2011, interesting. I suspect that either they put the year for the socket, or Intel are ****ers :p

Edit edit: Aha, translating the page via Google reveals:So, these CPUs are going to be on the current sockets, but there are high-end ones coming out as well as these ones on a new socket, during Q2.

These cpus are all on the new lga1155 socket which will launch in Q1 and replace the current lga1156 platform. The higher end parts will be for socket lga2011 and replace the current lga1366 parts later next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom