Virus-VIrus-go-away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illbcun

Beta member
I am using AVG. It list a virus EXPLOIT.MS04-011, when AVG finishes running it list the virus as healed. The problem is the virus is still there. I am running WINDOWS XP with service pack 3. MIcrosoft tells me I don't need an update because service pack 3 will deal with EXPLOIT.MS04-011. I've tried McAfee's Stinger, still got the virus. The actual message AVG give me is C:\windows\system32\wins.exe[3628]\memory_0040000 virus identified EXPLOIT.MS04-011. I beleive this is an older virus, if these security programs are so good, I think this problem should have been fixed.

Run Combofix first, then run malwarebytes, post their logs and then post a hijackthis log.

I went to Bleeping Computer to download COMBOFIX, there is avery sever warning about using it, if you are not an expeert. I am not an expert. So what should I do now.

I went to Bleeping Computer to download COMBOFIX, there is avery sever warning about using it, if you are not an expeert. I am not an expert. So what should I do now.

Go ahead and run it, I'll take care of any problems you may have, which you probably wont have any problems after running it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom