Apple Sneaking Safari Onto Windows PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Anyone that has ever downloaded iTunes, QuickTime or anything else from Apple, knows the company loves to bundle crap on top of crap. Well, you can now add Safari to the list of stuff Apple is bundling with iTunes. Ugh. Oh well, what can you expect if you use their products (I own a Touch)?

Windows users perfectly happy with their Firefox or Internet Explorer browsers have been surprised to find a new Web browser on their hard drives -- Apple's Safari 3.1. The browser was originally only for Apple's Macintosh computer.

[H]ard|OCP - www.hardocp.com

Mozilla CEO Says Apple Forcing Safari Is Wrong

When you have the CEO of Mozilla calling your tactics “wrong” you should take heed. Trust me, if you want your browser to be a success, you just might want to listen to what this guy has to say.

What Apple is doing now with their Apple Software Update on Windows is wrong. It undermines the trust relationship great companies have with their customers, and that's bad — not just for Apple, but for the security of the whole Web. What they did yesterday was to use their updater for iTunes to also install their Safari Web browser –what follows is some background and analysis

[H]ard|OCP - www.hardocp.com

Apple should be happy with the fact that people are using there stuff at all. Supposedly they care for it's users an it's stuff just works it will be interesting to see what kind of fallout happens over this.

Another reason for me to boycott their software... I can't even remember if I installed Quicktime on my comp...I may have had it, thenuninstalled it; can't remember for sure. All I know is that I got fed up with it, and either ditched it or didn't use it anymore (changed the PNG viewer from quicktime embedded in IE to just windows picture viewer and FF).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom