wireless problem in linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

JinkX

In Runtime
hey guys ..
heres my problem my linux opensuse cant find any wireless device although it works fine under windows .. my wireless device is a toshiba one,so f any of u have a way to make it detect it or find the device or like have a driver for it so the system would recognize it plz post bk..

Try doing "lspci" in terminal. That will show you the specific name of your wireless chipset. If it's Broadcom, then it should work (I use a Broadcom chip on my laptop, my friend's laptop has one built in, and my other friend's desktop has a Broadcom-based PCI wireless card, all of them work fine). I've never used any other WiFi chipsets though.

if its the "Broadcom 1390" then look here:
HOWTO: Dell Inspiron E1505 Wireless (Broadcom 1390 WLAN) - Ubuntu Forums

Even if its not that model you can just follow that guide and when it asks for you to compile the drivers for your broadcom just find one on the internet for your model. Thats what i did.

Basically ubuntu already has a wireless driver for broadcom, but it doesnt work half the time. That guide is going to tell you step by step on how to get rid of that ugly driver and install the more updated/working one..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom