Small Desktop Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Windows has no option to change the large desktop icons to small ones like the option that is available for folder icons. I was searching for a software called SetShellView which a friend recommended and I found out that this software was only working in Windows 2000. It allowed the user to change the large desktop icons to small icons and even to list views.
Deskview was a program mentioned in the article that I found that would at least bring part of the functionality to Windows XP and Windows Vista. A click on the executable, only 11 Kilobyte by the way, changes the large icons to small icons. This remains this way until you either boot your computer or Windows Explorer crashes.
A good way to use it permanently would be to add the software to your startup folder so that it will be executed with every system start. The behavior in Windows Vista is a little bit different though. Instead of reducing the large icons to small icons it just reduces the space between icons. Take a look at the two screenshots below for a better explanation.

Small Desktop Icons - www.Tech-Dump.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom